AnalogFour sticky key

hi! I have a late-2017 A4, obviously no warranty. Works and perfect condition. One thing tho: key C “sticks”, sort of, it does come up slowly when pressed. Perhaps touches the plate wall in its hole? Should I disassembly it and is it fixable by myself? Also: does Elektron do repairs post-warranty? Thx!

1 Like

I have sent my box to elektron for a clean-up. It was a box I bought second hand. They did help me, but I also recieved an annoyed letter (or, that was my interpretation), about the tabacco they found inside (I dont smoke).

Since that moment, my box is as new. No sticking buttons, no cracking pots, just as new

2 Likes

I had a couple of A4 mini keyboard buttons ‘sticking’. I just carefully took them off, cleaned them on the side and put them back in. It is possible to take them out by carefully inserting a knife or screwdriver on one side and lifting them off. The emphasis here is on “carefully”…

Did you tell them you bought second-hand? I wonder what’s their stance towards fixing used gear. May I ask the price of this cleanup?

I didn’t tell them
They are super friendly, and I think sending the box from the Netherlands to sweden was most of the cost

1 Like

Hey, was it really that cheap to repair?

I bought a second hand A4 and it has sticky keys and while I’m thinking of returning it your comment has made consider asking Elektron for help!

Not sure but I’m still curious. I have heard that a set of keys is like in the 20-60€ range, don’t remember.

I am OK with it now… Not terrible stickiness.

The bad thing: indeed I opened at Elektron.se a support ticket, never got a reply.

1 Like

I have fixed a few sticky keys by carefully popping them off (guitar plec or something thin slid under/to the side to lightly pop it off, PLASTIC IS BETTER than metal, a knife may damage the faceplate) then I cleaned all around the edges of the button, I used a de-greaser cleaning spray and scraped off dirt that has gathered around it, most of the buttons work properly now.

2 Likes