Analog Rytm samples

Let’s call it a difference of opinion and leave it at that.

I did listen to that track you posted. It is pretty cool that you are part of the stones throw discography.

you seem like you have a mpc-forums type mentality and that is ruled by cliques and friends and foes and shit like that. Where as here, it’s more like individual forward thinkers who act something like a family. International groups are more like this.

Also, it seems you’ve been trying to back out of this but keep biting the line again. Make some dope new tunes with the AR, burn one and forget about and I bet everybody else will too.

And post your new tracks ♪(v^_^)v

that was directed at mr. virtual flannel…not you.
i have no problems with none of you… nor the pile on. the disrespectful thing i said was “hobbyists”. lol. people came back with my music sucks, i wanna be signed to warp etc
all good.
like i said its generational. i come from a hip hop generation where a DJ would cover his record labels so people wouldn’t know what he was playing.
we worked to figure out how to get sounds or found their source…

good day gents[/quote]
LOL I was actually going to say in my last post, I come from the Hip-hop days of Vinyl only into MPC elitist etc. Hide your floppy discs shit. It’s a different time, I really think that mentality holds back creativity, innovation and progression. Someone did something nice and gave out some samples. Just be cool man, we don’t need to go dropping wikipedias up in here lol.

But ya word at the end of the day lets all be friends, just got stick up for my Elektron fam.
P.S when I can afford to eat and get a RYTM, I def WONT be sharing any sounds, and I’ll be hoping it gets me singed to Warp or Stones Throw, so I’m kind of a hypocrite haha. That’s why I really think it’s extra nice someone would take the time to share with the community. don;t think I’ve even seen a RYTM sample pack at all yet.

yeah i’m guessing old hydro law didn’t see the section on the Tempest forum where they actually ran a competition specifically for people to post their best sysex files

I’ve never used words like “dope” to describe anything. I’ll leave phrases like that for novelty t-shirt vendors to make a buck from.

That aside, I’m not really interested in Hip-Hop, so you’re point is moot.

Any praises I might have had for work have been utterly destroyed by your incessant bragging and wankery

Besides a quick google search of that track gives me a review that gave it 3 stars out of 5 from a total of 8 votes

Hardly Grammy-level stuff mate

Who’d you run with for Stones Throw?
It is a hiphop mindset, guarding samples. I’m very reticent to spreading too much hype to fellow beat makers about the AR.

Dominator Culture

Replies like this and others you’ve made are exactly what is known as trolling.
If someone wants to sample something and post it what do you even care? Nothing someone samples will affect your livelihood at all. Zero. Are you that full of yourself? Can’t you just ignore a post that doesn’t interest you. I don’t even look at threads that don’t interest me. You CHOSE to respond to this thread multiple times with immature tirades spewing your ideology. Guess what? That’s your opinion. You’re entitled to it. It isn’t absolutely right or wrong. But you don’t have to be an ass when you respond. Grow up.

Read Wikipedia’s issues with this chap’s page… made me chuckle.

I knew this was a hip hop producer, before he said so-just because of his defending of the producing craft. It IS about the sounds one
uses, but it is also the way one uses the sounds. I have a RYTM and the first thing I did when I got it, was load my own sample kits.
Not taking nothing away from Elektron’s analog sounds and sampleset but, I have my own way of using my instrument.
I do think this industry cat is being a little over-protective, but I completely understand where he’s coming from.
There are a lot of secrets to how things are accomplished, sounds are made, signal chain used. Doing it professionally means
taking chances and keeping secrets. All great producers hide their methods and equipment from the public for the most part.
Has anyone seen the inside of Dr. Dre’s Lab(s)? Are there any pictures available anywhere? If there are, you can be sure Dre. was,
or is- pissed about it.

I’d feel the exact same way as Dre. It’s not a hip hop mindset, it’s a professional mindset.

What absolute tripe !

Never in the history of gear of any type anywhere has the price of said gear been affected by there being samples of it posted on the internet. I defy you to name one piece of gear that has

Plenty of producers make sample packs as another means of income. They can be found in their millions all over the internet. A quick look at any site that does produce sample packs will reveal that they go out of their way to actually pay producers to make sample packs

Also what do you care if Lars wants to share some samples of his AR ?
Not like he’s infringing on any Elektron copyright.

WHAT ARE YOU GETTING OUT OF coming on here and complaining about it ?
[/quote]
There is about 3 billion 909 samples on the net but it doesnt stop people paying $3000+ on ebay for the old dirty pos. No one will ever own a rytm just by collecting the samples of it.
Anyway the AR is a patheticaly limited drum machine and a real dissapointment in that area. I dont think AR drums are going to be in demand for long. fantastic noise box tho. I wont get rid of mine, but for drums the MD just crushes it.

Hip hop artists “borrow” from other musicians more than any other genre. Its practically founded on hacking up music that was already created. Kanye, Jay Z, and even Dre do it heavily. Real artists are not afraid of people finding out how its done or giving a look into their creative process. Some bands even give out their multi track files…for free! Seeing a diagram of a guitarists rig, or learning how to create a type of sound on a synth/drum machine is inspirational and I think in the favor of everyone that loves music. When people don’t want you to “see” its generally because there isn’t much too see or they’re hiding something.

1 Like

Yeah man, Dre is hiding behind his numerous hit records and iconic status right? Dude is worth 750 million and 250 mil of that is from his production. If anything, he’s hiding behind the wall of money he’s accumulated…

Do any of these ‘real artists’ you speak of make any money? Oh wait, that doesn’t matter right-it’s about the art.

Pretty sure the works of Monet aren’t given away, except maybe for charity.

Get the point? It’s all about the money in the end. People who do exceptional work usually command a lot of dough and rightfully so.

We all want to create art and we all want more money. Some work a 9-5 and do their thing as a hobby-but they still have a job and they still want to make as much money as possible.

A music producer is no different. They want money, and as much as possible.

Hip hop is based in sampling, of course. They take something that was great and make it even better in some cases, or they take small portions of other music and use it in ways most people could never think of-and again- they make something great.

Yes, you need a finely tuned ear to pick out the right sounds for the song you’re working on but it’s more than just picking out sounds.

I showed a producer a trick that he hadn’t previously seen or heard and in turn he let me listen to one of his songs for an artist he was working with. He wanted my opinion. Before you make assumptions, this artist was on Letterman and Leno. They are quite well known.
I showed him the trick because I knew he would never post it online and would only keep it within his industry circle.

Every successful business has secrets.

Every successful producer has secrets.

There are a lot of tricks in the trade that no one will talk about to the general public or competition.

It’s business, plain and simple. If they don’t want you to see or hear anything it’s because they want to be the leader-not the follower.

The public eventually get what they crave, which is good music.

Only producers care about what other producers are doing. The general public doesn’t give a shit about how the songs are made.

At least with hip hop, the producer will usually creates something original, unlike pop music where the same music is literally re-recorded over and over again, but the general public is mostly oblivious to this.

Nickelback anyone?

I am having a hard time understanding what the big deal is in sharing samples.

Hey Lars, only as advice - if you like… Don’t explain yourself. The moment you do it, you have lost already :slight_smile: Some people simply like to piss around and waste time …

And thx for the samples man !

Hello everyone,

I’m a professional finger painter and all I have to say that is that Crayola paints are a fingerists bread and butter. Will any fingerist paint the same? of course not. But name one fingerist who shares his Crayola color palette while he’s using them. You can’t!. 10 days after the paint has dried out they will share where they bought the colors from, etc.

Candy Apple Red, yeah…Sea Reef Blue, yeah…Forest Green…all those were seasonal. The Crayola Deluxe 2014 Set with limited edition colors set is so new and in so much demand, people can’t even figure out where to buy them!.

But the set you bought was shared with the other kids in the class. Again, if it is so harmless then why doesn’t Crayola do it?. Because it diminishes the worth of the gold star you got for that fire truck you made for your mom.

You could have easily shown it to a few friends, but no…you shared your colors with the kids at your table.

And it’s fine, everyone who DOESN’T know where you got Pretty Purple will say “yeah, tell me where to buy a set, my mom will PAY” lol.

But what do YOU get out of it? stupid ass Fruit Rollups and Gushers in the cafeteria.

Again, do you…never mind, I guess people will eventually buy their Crayola Deluxe 2014 Set.

I just don’t understand it. I guess most of you are just hand-turkey fanatics tracing out and keeping up with the urge to keep giving your mom the same shit.

Basic gold star sticker lesson…

The more you share your special colors, the less people will want and/or care about what you finger painted. The less people want to see your fire truck or picture of your house, the more the gold sticker on your finger painting will mean nothing. So the Crayola Deluxe 2014 Set that I used to earn 2 gold stars will be worth ONE. Some people will invariably say “I got the one color I want from Timmy for free, why would I pay a months allowance for a whole set?”…now will everybody have this mindset? of course not…but any lessening of exclusivity lessens the value of my gold stars.

Do 1st Grade students share how they made their macaroni necklaces? do 5th Graders you paid to do your science project tell you how they got the baking soda volcano to erupt? people protect the tools they use to get Lunchables. It’s simple.

and WHAT ARE YOU GETTING OUT OF IT.

This forum starts to look like Grearslutz. Stupid idiots quarreling and nagging each other over nothing. Share, Enjoy, Help others and shut the fuck up if you oust want to bully the members. Go to Gearslutz then instead and keep this forum friendly.

What he said

What the hell…

I think you entirely missed the part where my last post was mocking the initial complaint on the first page of the thread lol.