Analog Rytm OS 1.70 Upgrade

I understand the user expectation (and benefit), iirc i had the same observation about ‘wrong’ defaults during testing and I think this was the reason conveyed to me then fwiw

This should be discussed in the bugs thread probably … but if i change machine (to non default) without saving kit - the unsaved-kit (i.e. old) page parameters are ‘spuriously’ loaded, if i set the kit with a non default machine, then save the kit, the restore/reload works as hoped based on new machine.

Anyway, a ticket is in, update when there’s any feedback to clarify what’s what

if it’s an issue with a fresh project then that’s a nuance to explore i guess

1 Like

Totally agree. My mate has had a loan of my mk1 for a while and I’m feeling pretty tempted to offer him a great deal on it so I can justify a black mk2 in the new year.

1 Like

Record Queueing for Sampler?

Maybe I’m missing something: So the upgrade now has the Sample Length feature, which is awesome in theory, but how do I start the recording on the downbeat? I have a melody that starts on beat 2, so I can’t use the FUNC+YES arm/threshold method because it will start recording on beat 2 as if it is beat 1.

What I want to do is:

1. Queue the recording so it starts as soon as I press Play on the Rytm.
    or…
  2. If the Rytm is already playing, Queue the recording and it will start sampling when the pattern restarts.

Without that, the connection between the sample length and how it fits into the pattern is kind of missing.

Am I wrong or has the AR a bit different sound since the update??

2 Likes

Yes, there is a new calibration routine and most people have reported an improvement in the overall punch and clarity of the machine.

1 Like

How does it work now with sample chains (120 samples)?

I guess because of the finer resolution it’s not possible, right?

You can snap to integer when holding down the encoder, it’s still possible

1 Like

It’s possible, but you need to use function to snap to the exact points as before

If you press the encoder it will jump in integers, but it won’t SNAP to integers if it’s not already on an integer

Function will snap to integers, it will jump to and snap to exact integers quickly if you move moderately slowly, if you want to go in single units you have to twist very very slowly, so it allows both quick exact scrolling and fine scrolling whilst avoiding the finer resolution

The absence of finer resolution is evident by the lack of a decimal point and the following digits i.e. it will only be exactly snapped if displayed as 45 aot 45.67

The method is with Function, it’s not ideal to rely on pressing, not least of which because the encoder often twists upon release

This was all thrashed through during testing to ensure the old control was retained for chains

7 Likes

I stumbled on this yesterday. My loaded samplechains didn’t work when trying to dial in the next sound. There should be an option to disable the fine adjustment.

4 Likes

We posted at same time, see above reply which explains how the old behaviour was explicitly retained for such cases

I just wish it would display the decimal points when I’m moving the knobs around for fine adjustments. For instance when I’m detuning to oscillators against each other, knowing the actual number is more reliable than my ear. Also it makes things more recallable.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi everyone!
I have a rytm mk2 and AH+FX.
i’d like to send midi cc using trigless trigs on the rytm, so that i can more or less ‘automate’ some parameters on the AH+FX. Is this possible with the rytm?

No, this isn’t possible. It only sequences Trig Notes

1 Like

i was afraid of that. never ceizes to amaze me how the digi boxes are actually more capable than the flagships in many ways

Has anyone found the new OS to be laggier?

It feels like there’s a slight delay (maybe ~300ms) between adjusting a parameter and hearing the change in sound when the sequencer is running.

Never felt that with the old OS

I’ve felt encoders had lag sometimes but it’s gone completely once I’ve started a new project

1 Like

Thanks. Good point it could be laggy encoders. I’ll have more of a play around.

1 Like