Analog Rytm OS 1.7 woes

Gosh, having a tough time with my Analog Rytm MKII and OS 1.7. I upgraded without any issue, and then the unit restarted and asked to calibrate: Y/N. I can not choose either option, nothing happens at all. At first I thought the unit was frozen, but I can see animations, etc. so I pressed a bunch of buttons and pads and the calibration just disappears and the unit works fine. I then go into settings, Y/N buttons def work, and I can say try calibration again. The unit says wait 20 minutes, restart, and the same issue happens again, unable to do anything until I press a bunch of buttons. I also have to restart the unit twice after powering it off to get it to turn back on. I turn it off, and then on - the screen is black. I turn it back off, I see the boot for a second then it disappears and finally I power it back on and it starts up, asking to be calibrated…

Ok, update! I pressed a lot of buttons again… and the calibration ran. OK! Why? Beats me. Now the only issue that remains is the power on issue. Any ideas? My only idea at this point is A) Erase unit or B) live with it?

have you tried the test mode? maybe there are some errors there?
I’ve never heard about such power issue, I’d run the test and if no errors maybe contact elektron support just to see if they have any idea…
last resort would be back up everything and factory reset.

1 Like