Analog Rytm OS 1.61x: bug reports

I had this with my first AR mk2. I contacted Elektron support, sent it to them and they fixed this problem. I think it’s hardware but repairable.

1 Like

Noooooooo.

I never had the issue before tho. Thanks for the potential direction to go with this.

1 Like

Iirc the random triggering was due to a misplaced plastic sheet underneath the pads, something that light.
Just contact Elektron support to be sure, my words are only echoing a vague memory of this ^^

Edit: @thegiantarm I found the thread

1 Like

Same problem here, and now that i think of it, i dont think ive been able to get this to work with any firmware, would be super useful though

On RYTM Mkii when track 3 is set to Dual VCO, and track 4 is set to CP classic, playing track 4 and then afterward playing track 3, introduces a click sound and it ignores the amp envelope on track 3.

Can anyone confirm this bug? (Also, where is the bug thread for newest firmware 1.61e?)

Two bugs I’ve recently seen on Rytm MKII:

• When sequencing the FX Track (i.e. Dist Symmetry), value stays at the value of the last trig instead of going back to default. It’s like trigs have an infinite length. For instance, if default value is 20 and a trig brings that value to 100, value stays at 100. I have to put another trig to bring value back to normal.

• On a Dual VCO track, using retrigger on a trig changes the behavior of following trigs for a long while (way past retrigger length)

@Normalogic Can you check if my bug also applies to your unit? Specified right over your last comment.

I think this is normal behaviour, it works like this on DT as well.

I usually place a trigless trig with p-locks on step 1 of each pattern to “reset” the parameters, this seems to hold everything together

It sounds like maybe your amp env or note length is too long for track 4, try shorter release time or note length

@Bloop Thanks for the input. But this is from an “unit” state on my machine/kit. So should be easy to replicate.

The initial settings of a new project on my Rytm had Infinite release on the amp envelop for every track. I experienced some clicks on the choked tracks until I set custom amp envelopes, now it seems fine.

Edit: tracks 3-4 share an amp envelop. If track 4 release is still at a high value when you trig track 3, track 3s amp envelop does not get a chance to reset due to still being at the previous value.

In the Sound Settings there is an option for filter env reset, but currently no option for amp envelop…

Good luck!

1 Like

Ahh, thank you. It works. What a relief, no more clicks in my perfect beat :wink:

1 Like

That’s great news :slight_smile:
You’re welcome, I updated my previous post with some more info

It’s weird it’s the opposite of any other instrument track where the default is applied… by default, and trig values are applied for the length of the trig. Why have trig length if trig lifetime is infinite on fx tracks?

Didn’t know that you could sequence the FX track on the DT. Is this a recent addition? :thinking:

I’ll try but not before tomorrow.

I agree, this seems intentional. The Analog Four is the same.

1 Like

So why is there a length param on those trigs? Maybe that’s an oversight on Elektron on those machines?

Parameter locks in general, not specifically FX track P-locks. There is no FX sequencer track on DT.

It’s not that the trig is infinite and still trigging, it’s that a parameter will stay at the value you tell it to until told otherwise.

If the Track parameter value is 20, and you p-lock a trig to move that parameter to 100, that value has been moved to 100. If another trig occurs, then that trig will play with the track parameters unless p-locks tell it to do something else.

Doesn’t seem like an oversight to me as this workflow allows for very detailed arrangements, especially when combined with trig conditions!

It sounds strange that your other instrument tracks are behaving differently though, plocks should work the same on each track

1 Like

I’m actually not using P-locks that might be the reason? Maybe normal trigs behave as p-locks (which I’m less fluent in) on the fx track?

I couldn’t find 1.61E thread, but this is my current version and it’s the latest, if there’s dedicated thread I’d be glad to move this.

anyway, weird bug with the Rytm mk2, when my mac goes to sleep, and sometimes when it doesn’t, Rytm stops, just as if I hit the stop button.
it’s currently connected with DIN MIDI IN from Digitone and with USB to the mac, both devices share the same USB hub with only two of them connected to it.
Digitone never has this issue, but the Rytm does, so in “standalone mode” when I’m sketching stuff I send clock and transport from DN > AR and from time to time suddenly only Rytm stops.
(no ableton or any other midi app is running or something like that)