Analog Rytm OS 1.61x: bug reports

Windows 10 Build 19041.

Have you checked the MIDI connection parameters?
On AR side, both MIDI in & out on usb, and on Transfer side, both in and out connected to AR?

Under the midi configuration menu Iā€™ve tried almost every combination of receive and send. Iā€™ve made sure no midi cables were plugged in. Under USB config, Iā€™ve made sure itā€™s set to Overbridge.
One thing of note is that in Overbridge mode, my other devices will show up under the Ableton ā€œLink MIDIā€ menu in preferences but the AR wonā€™t.
Also, I tried it in Bitwig to see if it was just Ableton, but I have the same problem there too. Audio works and I can change parameters, but it wonā€™t start when I hit play.

I just figured out I can get Transfer to recognize it when itā€™s just USB midi in the global USB config menu, but that doesnā€™t fix the other issue. It will even show up in Ableton, but hitting play wonā€™t move the sequencer, only light up the ā€œplayā€ button on the AR.

Edit: Also checked the port configuration in the midi menu and it is set to midi+usb. I tried just usb but it didnā€™t work either.

Thank you all for the helpful ideas! Iā€™m hoping itā€™s an obscure user error and not a compatibility issue with my laptop.

You need to send clock from Ableton to the RYTM

Maybe give some screenshot of the Transfer connection screen and a photo of the midi configuration.

So I got my old mk1 off the shelf and it works with the same settings. Itā€™s only the mk2 thatā€™s not working.

I can send screenshots, but this leads me to believe pretty conclusively this is an issue exclusive to the mk2 firmware or my machine.

Also, Iā€™m having an issue where Iā€™ll hit the power switch, the LEDs will flash for half a second, but it wonā€™t boot. Itā€™s been intermittent, but seems like itā€™s getting worse. Iā€™ve tried different power supplies, having the USB plugged and unplugged. Sometimes it takes 20 tries and I canā€™t seem to figure out what Iā€™ve done differently to get it to work.

Iā€™m thinking it might just be my unit.

Edit: I started a reply then saw @LyingDalai 's post. Didnā€™t mean for that to be confusing.

Just installed the update to 1.61B and my track Save and Reload no longer work. Anyone else have this issue? Thank you

Have you tried on a new project?

Just tried there with a new project and not working at all still. Says it saved the track but when I modify the track sound then hit reload it doesnā€™t reload to the saved sound, just stays the same

Save the Kit (Yes+Kit)
Tweak the sound.
Reload (no+ Kit) : you should here the difference.

Btw: what do you mean by Ā« track save Ā» exactly?

There is a Track save and reload (on the CHRO button ā€˜Funcā€™) that allows you to modify one track and reload rather than reloading the full kit. Doesnā€™t work anymore for me.

I donā€™t know if this is a bug but i had a situation with the reverb and delay becoming virtually inaudible and no matter what I did I could not get the volume to an acceptable level, the sound quality also seemed to deteriorateā€¦ the snare drum sample became thin and distorted and adjustments made very little difference. I loaded another project and it was working fine . I upgraded to 1.61b and reloaded the troublesome project it but still wouldnā€™t function properly. I deleted the project and started again.

Anyone with an MK1 noticing screen lag after updating? Not sure if itā€™s always had a bit of a lag and Iā€™m just now noticing it or if the new update did something. I formatted the +drive and did a factory reset but navigating the menu seems to ā€œbleedā€ pixels from one screen to the next.

Note Iā€™m on 1.61B and only using midi with no USB plugged in.

EDIT: Found an old thread discussing same screen issue. Seems itā€™s from not using it in a while.

While I am editing a pattern, a freeze occurs.
This happens in ā€œPlay Modeā€, I canā€™t select tracks and I canā€™t activate Start or Stop.
Do you know this problem?
This has happened to me twice now within a week with the new OS (1.61B).
After a restart it works, but I donā€™t want to have it in a live situationā€¦

Please describe some context:

• Does this happen in pure standalone mode (no midi in/out / no USB)?
  • Which USB mode? Overbridge? Audio + MIDI? MIDI alone?

Please contact Elektron support and report here in case other user encounter the same problem.

I just noticed a bug.

My clap on track 4 was being sent to the delay and reverb even though they both appeared to be off on the AMP page. I had to turn the encoder up and back to OFF again to stop it being sent.

Have you some Scene / Performance set ?

try to use AR only as MIDI, switch off overbridge when you backup the project, had something similar and after switching off overbridge and used transfer, it worked

I have an OT MK1, A4 MK1, DN and AR MK2 all synced and playing perfectly. However, often (not always) when waking up my Mac and sometimes seemingly out of the blue the Rytm would stop playback while the others kept on playing. I had it running in Overbridge mode. Since switching USB mode to Audio+Midi the Rytm will run for hours without interruption. I really have no idea what effect USB mode could have but I think this is a bug.

Latest update (1.61B [E]) on the Mk2.

When I try to use chromatic mode, no matter what pad I am triggering, Pad 2 ALWAYS triggers with it. I muted pad 2, still triggers. I canā€™t use chromatic mode at all at this point.

Have tried different projects, different kits, re-updated. Doesnā€™t seem to matter, Pad 2 ALWAYS triggers. Tried to see if there was some setting that triggers multiple pads (I know thereā€™s an option on MD to trigger other trigs simulaneously but I donā€™t know that RYTM does that), canā€™t find anything.

I restarted 3 times, had a weird ā€œno first trig startā€ issue after that, restarted again, then it started up and all issues were gone. Played for about 3 minutes and the chromatic mode issue came back. This definitely seems like a bug.