Analog Rytm OS 1.61x: bug reports

That’s great news :slight_smile:
You’re welcome, I updated my previous post with some more info

It’s weird it’s the opposite of any other instrument track where the default is applied… by default, and trig values are applied for the length of the trig. Why have trig length if trig lifetime is infinite on fx tracks?

Didn’t know that you could sequence the FX track on the DT. Is this a recent addition? :thinking:

I’ll try but not before tomorrow.

I agree, this seems intentional. The Analog Four is the same.

1 Like

So why is there a length param on those trigs? Maybe that’s an oversight on Elektron on those machines?

Parameter locks in general, not specifically FX track P-locks. There is no FX sequencer track on DT.

It’s not that the trig is infinite and still trigging, it’s that a parameter will stay at the value you tell it to until told otherwise.

If the Track parameter value is 20, and you p-lock a trig to move that parameter to 100, that value has been moved to 100. If another trig occurs, then that trig will play with the track parameters unless p-locks tell it to do something else.

Doesn’t seem like an oversight to me as this workflow allows for very detailed arrangements, especially when combined with trig conditions!

It sounds strange that your other instrument tracks are behaving differently though, plocks should work the same on each track

1 Like

I’m actually not using P-locks that might be the reason? Maybe normal trigs behave as p-locks (which I’m less fluent in) on the fx track?

I couldn’t find 1.61E thread, but this is my current version and it’s the latest, if there’s dedicated thread I’d be glad to move this.

anyway, weird bug with the Rytm mk2, when my mac goes to sleep, and sometimes when it doesn’t, Rytm stops, just as if I hit the stop button.
it’s currently connected with DIN MIDI IN from Digitone and with USB to the mac, both devices share the same USB hub with only two of them connected to it.
Digitone never has this issue, but the Rytm does, so in “standalone mode” when I’m sketching stuff I send clock and transport from DN > AR and from time to time suddenly only Rytm stops.
(no ableton or any other midi app is running or something like that)

adding one more thing here, not sure yet if it’s bug or something else but this does not happen on my DN, adding empty param locks change sound as if re triggering something:

found another bug where LFO gets triggered regardless of TRIG LFO OFF, the ENV works just fine, but LFO has no effect whatsoever

1 Like

I found this bug too when I tried to make “pseudo-time streching”, should i report it too or this thread is revised by Elektron Staff?

I’ve opened a ticket with a link to this video, it should bring them here :slight_smile:

have you tried this with the exp or ramp LFO with a ONE setting? same deal?

yep, tried every trigger type, shape, doesn’t matter, gets triggered regardless

found another one, for some reason turning off SMP in trig menu won’t turn off the sample, id does turn off the SYN but not SMP, only by stopping the rytm it turns off the sample engine.
no trig locks for the SMP param involved, same behavior can be seen by just playing the track.

1 Like

[BUG - firmware 1.61E]

In chain mode, the cue fill functionality doesn’t work.

How to reproduce,

a) Create a chain with two different patterns, for example A1 A2
b) while playing pattern A1, cue a fill with [FUNC] + [FILL]
the fill is not played on the next pattern.

I have had the same bug a couple of times when recording AR mkii in song mode having song edit open with the Overbridge standalone AR app on my intel macbook (macos monterey 12.6.8). AR is connected to the mac with a usb-b - usb-c cable. AR stops suddenly as if stop was pressed. Computer didn’t go to sleep and the standalone was the ”only” open app.

edit: firmware 1.61E

sounds like my thing exactly, but in my case it’s always when the screen is turning off on mac sleep, I’m connected with the original usb cable to a usb hub that has only 2 things connected - AR and DN, and while DN never stopped once AR almost always stops. so weird.
I didn’t use OB in a long time but AR still stopped when mac goes to sleep, so I’m pretty sure it’s not OB related but a general usb thing, it might catch some signal and send stop command.

1 Like

Posting this here just for visibility. direct jump does not work correctly when using scale settings other than 1x. Works fine if all of your tracks are 1x, but any that are not 1x will not land on the correct step when changing patterns. This has been reported to support who also confirmed it is indeed an issue. For reference I’m curious if this is also an issue on the A4 and asked about it in the A4 bug thread: Analog Four/Keys OS 1.51: bug reports - #45 by Lokua

Sidenote slightly off topic - I’m surprised to be the first to bring this up on a product that has been around for so long - of course maybe this issue only exists on the latest firmware - I don’t know. Kind of saddens me as direct jump sequencing IMO is one of the most amazing things a sequencer can do. I guess people don’t really use this much which disheartens me and doesn’t give me much hope that Elektron would put resources into fixing it when they have so much other stuff on their plate (not saying they aren’t planning on fixing it…just saying). I guess that also would explain why they don’t include it on any of their other products, which for me is super sad as for my style of music (minimal techno) it is essential.

2 Likes

Update your firmware and check this thread: Analog Rytm OS 1.7x: bug reports