Analog Rytm MKII production shortage?

Hey!

As I’m new to the forum but not to Elektron gear, I recently ordered an AR MKII as a companion for my DT/DN-Kombo.
Dealer told me, Elektron stuff is out of stock and that pretty much every dealer is waiting for new units to arrive, as Elektron seems to be short on – I suppose – electronic parts. Seems totally legit, as even the huge stores like Thomann are out of units and the Elektron homepage says “out of stock”.

Have you guys maybe read, heard […] something more detailled about any kind of shortage regarding Elektron units?
No intention to rant, I’m just curious and kind of slightly shocked about how all that pandemic stuff branches out.

And of course because I have to wait like three or four weeks for my new gear to arrive. I’m sad.

A lot of manufacturers facing post-COVID chip shortages across multiple industries Global shortage in computer chips 'reaches crisis point' | Technology sector | The Guardian

5 Likes

Nothing specific but I can tell you that in Canada, all of the new black versions are out of stock (not sure we’ve even received any) and that they’re estimated as 30 days to arrive at the company’s warehouse. Usually means they have no idea when they’ll get stock.

This article pretty much sums up what’s been going on. I’m sure it affects electronic instrument makers as well.

I’ve been waiting for 1.5 months for an Allen&Heath PX5 though the Canadian distributor advised me that they should have their stock by the end of this week. So, my local store should see it in 2.5 weeks or so.

1 Like

Yeah, things seem to be pretty severe, we’re pretty much lost without electronics.

A new mail just arrived, this is what I could find out asking my dealer (btw located in Germany). Just posting because someone might be interested:

unfortunately we do not have Analog Rytm in stock at the moment. Estimated delivery time would be 3-4 weeks I’m afraid.

He is quoting Elektron there, just happens to correspond to the three to four weeks I mentioned above. This seems to be more like an official statement.

I just ordered one from Thomann.de, they have them in stock.

Me too…and other online shops in Europe have them / will have them back soon. It was probably a momentary shortage.

If anyone in the UK is looking, Andertons have a bunch of B-Stock at a very attractive price. Annoyingly I’d already bought one a few days before they put them online :grimacing:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @guy!

There was a similar Rytm shortage last August as well:

1 Like

Yepp, all seems good by now.
I once or twice checked thomann.de, they updated their delivery time once or twice, seemed pretty confident about new stock of AR MK2.

I was lucky to get a black b-stock AR MK2 in perfect condition for less than 1.400 €.
Did lots (…well a decent amout!) of google and shop research on RYTMs for a few weeks and I guess at that time it was pretty much the only new AR MK2 to get within all of Germany. And I happened to be the only one to got to know about this. Lucky me this time!

Was the same shop where I ordered anyway btw. So I didn’t go price hunting, sometimes good things happen.

1 Like

I ordered an AR MK2 in early January, and received it a few days ago. When I placed the order, I was informed that the delivery should occur in approximately two weeks. Needless to say, the shipment delay was much longer than anticipated.