Analog Rytm mkii Froze on OS Update

I’ve had my AR mk2 (shipped with OS 1.40b) for a few weeks now and I’ve been watching carefully for any issues. All good until tonight. I installed Transfer for Windows 10 and downloaded OS 1.40c. It seemed to install fine, but when the AR mk2 screen said it was rebooting, it froze. I waited nearly 10 minutes then gave up and powered it down and disconnected the USB. Surprisingly it loaded the new OS from something called “bootstrap mode” if I read the screen correctly and now it seems fine. Anyone else experience this and should I be concerned?

The manual says

After some upgrades the bootstrap is also upgraded, this upgrade is performed right after the first restart of the Analog Rytm, do not turn the power off during the upgrade.

I’m pretty sure that is what you observed. Data was transfered, you manually restarted and the upgrade was performed. If your unit is working after the upgrade then I would not be concerned. (If I’m really honest I should say I would try not to be concerened. I still haven’t mustered the courage to do the upgrade since as far as I can tell it only fixes problems I’m not seeing yet.)

Sounds as if the bootstrap update was normal then. Still doesn’t explain the freeze during the initial auto reboot. I know, I’m trying to not be paranoid! Best of luck with your AR mk2 and thanks.