Analog Rytm Mk2 vst issue

Hey there,

I write you today due to an issue between my AR and Abelton. I used to use my AR2 as a drum synthesiser inside Ableton trough my computer. I recently moved to Macbook pro M1.

My setup :

• Analog Rytm Mk2

• Ableton Live 11

• Macbook Pro M1

• Samsung T7 SSD harddrive disk

When everything is connected by usb and setup inside AR (usb config >> overbridge selected), I open the plugin but nothing happens. My AR is recognized by the vst but no sound is going out… I feel i little bit troubled…

Maybe I should inform you that my vst folder is installed on external disk.

Wish you a great day,
Louis.

does the transport/clock sync is on?
if you start playing the AR manually can you hear it on the vst?
is your overbridge control panel shows the AR?

Have you tried using the AU instead of VST? I use the AU and it works flawlessly. Never had issues with OB and Ableton

Here you can see the parameters I applied.

If i play the AR manually no sound is going out and my OB control panel show the AR…

that’s not the sync, in the vst on top there should be a select menu for syncing

but if you don’t hear any sounds when playing that’s irrelevant, not sure what to tell you except maybe your tracks not going to main mix or something, but if it work on the headphones/main out/individual outs it should work in OB as well.

maybe try reinstalling and update to latest versions both the AR and OB

That’s why I informed you I installed my vst folder on an hard drive. In my opinion the vst doesn’t make the connection due files I didn’t moved correctly…

I don’t think that this is the problem, I believe you can install vsts anywhere, when you load the vst you can tell if the device is connected at the top:

not connected:

connected:

if you can see it connecting then the vst is probably working ok, did you try seeing if any of the individual channels have anything going by turning on monitoring or arming them?

As you can see I have the same setup as you but no sound is going out…

yep, setup looks good, if all the versions are updated to the latest ones maybe it’s best to contact Elektron support then, perhaps they could advise something…

Here are my preferences

you don’t need these, you actually need to turn them off, the OB plugin sends transport and clock

btw, can you select the AR as the Audio input? see if you get audio from there?

I already contacted the support, we are talking about the problem beside.

I tried, if I plug a headphones in the AR the sound is going out.

Might it be the setup inside the elektron ?

imo the only thing is to set it to Overbridge mode in the USB menu and you already did that, even if you didn’t have all the channels route to MAIN you should still be able to get audio in the individual channels, you could try setting the AR as the Audio Input device for ableton and see if it sends sound, if yes then it could be that the problem is indeed with the vst plugin itself.
Also, you can always try launching the standalone app and see if the audio runs from overbridge…

I launched the sa application and it’s working… indeed it’s a problem with the vst…

1 Like

Thank’s for your help mate! wish you the best

2 Likes