Analog rytm mk2 pad issues

haha i also tried deleting patterns and starting all over again but this thing with the pads didn’t change (sometimes after a while of touching them they return to normal, but sometimes no)

Turn it off and massage the pads really well wiggle them back n fourth make sure they get rubbed down then try worked for me

1 Like

This reminds me of the nasty encoder issue that plagued the Waldorf Blofeld machines for a long time and took Waldorf forever to fix. Best of luck.

1 Like

Same problem here. My machine’s serial no ends with 72 as well!

I love the design of the machine but how come the quality control is so appalling? And the fact that I had to pay for the shipping for repair just makes me mad.

I push/massage the buttons and after a while sometimes it seems to work, but every time i turn it off and on the problem happens again, not to mention that not every time this tecnique seems to work.

the machine is a beast, but i think they should have done more testing before releasing it because it seems that a lot of us are having the same problems which is a pain in the a**

1 Like

same for me.

No, it’s still under warranty and will be for a long, long time (I bought it in February)

1 Like

Hopefully these get fixed as I am saving up for a Rytm MK2 and want to complete the dark trinity of MK2 Elektrons. Anyways for now the two Elektrons are keeping me busy still learning them!

2 Likes

The MK2s look more like a light trinity to me :wink:

4 Likes

Elektron has offered to give me another unit in exchange for the faulty one, but to be honest I’m not too confident about it and I’d rather they repaired the latter. I read somewhere that someone had to exchange his unit for FOUR times. That’s mad.

And since overbridge is coming out soon (I guess) now doesn’t seem a good time to send the machine back. Call me a pessimist but God knows if there’ll be any problem related to it that’d force me to return the machine to the repair shop again .

Didn’t mean to come here to rant but can’t really accept the fact that after shelling out so much money I still have to take a gamble on getting a machine that can perform its BASIC functions properly.

For those who’re waiting for their new unit, would you guys consider asking for a full refund if it’s still faulty? (I sincerely hope it won’t happen)

1 Like

Wow I sure hope the next one is good. Glad my OT and A4 have been stable and rock solid thus far under heavy use. I was about to get a Rytm but now I think I will wait another year and see if Elektron has fixed the issues. Fortunately I can get decent drums out of my A4/OT without a dedicated drum machine.

1 Like

As with any physical product, there are bound to be a small percentage with some defects that are not easy to detect or rectify immediately. Elektron has sold hundreds if not thousands of RYTM mkIIs and, as this forum attests, tens (at the most) of users are experiencing problems, only a few of which have the same problem after multiple attempts to solve it. This is consistent with standard defect rates in high quality production of complex products.

Of course, none of us want to be the person who has to send a unit back multiple times for factory repair, but in light of the entire distribution of product, I think it’s worth being a little reasonable and recognizing that a) Elektron will of course do their best to service it with excellence and speed because it’s in everybody’s best interest that it’s fixed and b) very very few people out of the total number of machines produced are experiencing the most drastic of problems. All of the top boutique manufacturers have their share of product woes, and from what I’ve read, Elektron is above average even in that group of manufacturers. So, take a deep breath, accept the exchange (it’s faster than a repair anyway, usually), and restart your luck with a new unit, is what I’d suggest. It’s the fastest route to the highest chance of success for everybody involved.

5 Likes

Thanks and I see where you’re coming from but the thing is, my retailer is asking for 100 euros for shipping my unit back to the repair shop (I live in Asia). I reckon it’s a bit unfair for me as a customer to bear the cost of the ‘standard defect rate’.

Like I said, I love the machine and I’m struggling to find an alternative but I really think Elektron should have better quality control and return policies.

7 Likes

Very interesting i have the same problem but one day i have it one day i do not. In the first day my kick always mute or un mute when mute another track then after day this is stop and make some beats.Today after i power it this start again.I think this problem start after the AR is hot

Very interesting! After i start the AR this night this start again. For me is very interesting because when i use factory kit this start to appears again. I make empty reset and this is disappear again. Haha very fun situation and now my AR work .

Hi, you should probably talk with your local reatailer and ask for a solution. Today mine told me that he is going to give me my money back. That was not what i wanted at all, but he told me that costs for sending it to repair are u$s 300, which sucks. I want to add that this problem does not make the machine useless, but you may consider complaining about it for two reasons: 1) because the problem may end up getting worse and 2) because if some day you want to sell it. Im really sad that i have to give my rytm back, but it was the only posible solution.

Good luck to all

1 Like

After i make empty reset i fixed it and now my AR work properly 2 days I think I found out where the problem is. When you use factory kit AR is going to make this strange think but when make empty reset and do not have kits my AR work very good i hope to not make again this. I work all night :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that man. Did you try to resolve the problem by talking to Elektron’s customer service team directly? I don’t know about the details of your situation but they have been pretty good in my case. They were very patient and I got a replacement unit which had been tested by technicians before they sent it out. I have used it for less than a week but so far so good.

So is your retailer going to give you a full refund?

hi sorry for the delay. My local retailer was talking directly to elektron’s customer service and they told him that the repairing was cost free but that they could not pay for the customs taxes. So after investigating we found out that the custom tax was about U$S 300 which neither of us wanted to pay. So the only option we found was a full refund. Last monday i returned it to him, and got all my money back :frowning: