Analog Rytm MK2 initial impressions

For the factory yes i think it’s right… after that, you have Sounds, you have Sample factory… and a lot of Soundpacks on Elektron.se without to forget all the Synth machines available by Voices

AND all Performances and Scenes variations

Well that still makes only 32 patterns when you open the machine. I think that’s highly criticizable, to be honest. I think it’s very important to show many different styles in different tempos in order to show the possibilities for such a complex machine as this.
Most of those soundpacks are not free and contain samples. I really think there should be a lot more patterns using the Analog engines and the default samples.
Is there no community library of free patterns/patches? If not I think it should be started.

I’ll be making my own for sure though.

i guess that’s the goal anyway… in the end, it doesn’t give anything to give more as 80% of the people will erase it and make patterns in the context of each Track/Song creation…

You can add 460 in additions :

1 Like

Thanks william but I better get started making a library of patterns myself.
I’m getting to know the Scene and Performance features now and these are incredible! So many assignments are possible. Wow!
Is there a way to increase the sensitivity of the pressure of the pads? I have to press so unnecessarily hard to get to the full amount of the assigned value that it hurts my fingers. Using serveral Perf pads at the same time requires far too much pressure.

The KH120’s are the best sounding nearfields I’ve ever heard.
Love to work on them.
Sorry, of topic

I’ve been wondering about this.
Thanks for bringing it up, even if it’s not what I (or anyone, I guess) wanted to hear.

I can’t find anything in manual about adjusting sensitivity, and I don’t have AR to test.
Someone will know.

1 Like

I bought one 3 days ago at Bax in Holland with 1 day delivery service
The day after, no Rytm mk2
I called them, something went wrong
So I could expect it next day
Next day, no Rytm
I called them, something went wrong they said again
I wanted to go to Goes (2 hours by car), But that was not possible. I had to wait till after christmas

So I called again, now it was possible

I went to Goes, had to wait 40 minutes because everything went wrong in the organisation

Now I al at home…
And what do you think…

Pad #8 is broken. I can hear some kind of spring in it
And When I want to select a pad Or select a scene
Then pad #8 is selected all the fckng time

:frowning:

Happy christmas

1 Like

I‘m sorry to hear that. This sucks big time. I hope it‘ll get sorted out for you asap, even though it‘ll be after Christmas. Have a nice one nonetheless.

1 Like

Christmas and stress like hand and glove.

I also received a unit with a stuck pad. In my case, pad 9. At first I didn’t noticed - so maybe mine was not as bad as your experience, but here’s my story anyway…

The pad still functioned, but it was triggered when I tapped other pads and even when I just tapped the chassis. In my case I managed to fix it by gently grabbing the pad by all 4 corners with my fingernails and jiggling it from side to side. When I did this I think I felt something come unstuck. And after that it worked correctly. No more false triggers. I think those pads are designed to float just above the sensors and for whatever reason this one had become stuck. I hope the problem doesnt reoccur, but for 6 hours last night it was fine, so fingers crossed.

it doesn’t work…
feels almost like a sensitivity problem… may be it can be solved with an update…
on the other side… it mainly ends up with pad #8 problems…

because of this problem,
pads switch when hitting something
so there is a kind of a random mute function in it now, once I tap a pad

too bad…

but I am playing with it now
my a4mk2 and armk2
and it is amazing!

I got mine this week - I’m having a weird problem (which I did submit a ticket for), wondering if anyone else has seen it. When I hit REC /PLAY to enter live record - it triggers the BT, I have to hold the REC button for a period of time then press play again to enter live record mode… any ideas why the REC button would fire off the BT? Happens every time too…

My unit has been great thus far - received from Sweetwater on Thursday, no technical issues. Still trying to wrap my brain around everything but I see the immense potential at my finger tips!!

I don’t have any issues with the kick drum and record modes… but the unit did come (or I accidentally did it) with the kick decay in the amp section turned all the way up… so the kick would sound forever and I thought it was broke until I found that :sweat_smile:

AR mk1 pads had to be used a bit before they were easier. Might be the same here.
I used to hit AR pads with two fingers to have more strength. You may want to try this :slight_smile:

Sounds like you should just get it replaced after Christmas. Shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

That doesn’t sound like your regular “DC pop”. Probably something that they’ll remove in a firmware update.

i’m really disappointed by the way the new pads are being described. there’s no reason for a $1500 piece of kit to have less-than-amazing pads. i own a push 2 and an AR mk1 and the difference is as stark as what you’d find between a dry aged ribeye steak and an old burger from wendy’s. it’s a real shame they didn’t work in the best pads. i guess “best” is subjective but i’ve yet to hear anyone say that they love the feel. the most positive thing i’ve seen is that they’re “fine”. anyway. it’s s good thing the rest of the features are top notch.

4 Likes

Bad soldering joint or a short on the PCB maybe. Could also be a loose cable internally.

Having a grand time with my new AR MK2 but something is bothering me. I thought a Pattern acted as a patch/preset but I see that if I change the pitch of say, my BD in one pattern it is also changed in the other patterns. That’s really quite a workflow hindrance I think. So I have to save that change as a new kit everytime I just want the slightest variance in a following pattern? Or else I guess I have to program that change into all the trigs right of that pattern right?

In all friendliness. Because this comes up ALL THE TIME. Give the manual a go. Digesting the project/kit/pattern/sound architecture and hierarchy is key to understanding your instrument.

Just do it. You’ll be glad you did. I promise you.

No kidding.

8 Likes

You’d think the Elektron kit system is a curse, at first encounter. Then, once you learn it, you realise how bloody awesome it is. And then, you don’t wanna be without it.

I understand the lament of the Digitakt users and the lack of an equivalent system (saving samples as sounds don’t count), though there’s also something to like in the clarity of the absence of kits. There’s nothing to understand. One pattern, one bunch of settings, period.

Doesn’t make it right, though :slight_smile: