Analog Rytm MK2 initial impressions

Does mk2 work with Strom and Collider?

1 Like

That is unacceptable. Maybe it’s a DC issue with your unit in particular?

Same issue here with the noise at power up. I notice in the manual they talk about an early start test that emits a brief 3k tone. I have not enabled this test, but still wonder if the problem may be connected to that somehow.

I notice that if I add amp overdrive to any of the toms then the decay becomes infinitely long. Very low level though. I only noticed it because the pads continue to flicker. Then I could see it on my mixer vus. I guess this could be considered a feature, but I would prefer it didnt happen.

This might be natural overdrive compression at work here. Reduce the decay of the toms in the SRC page, see if that works.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll have another go tonight, but that was one of the first things I tried, followed by making sure no fx compression was being added. I then tried to reproduce the behaviour on other engines, but could not.

UPDATE: You are correct. I had only tried turning down engine decay. Lowering amp decay slightly eliminates that behaviour. Thanks again for the suggestion.

1 Like

There’s new firmware actually for both A4 and AR MK2 do you upgrade ?

Yes. About 10 minutes ago. It did not change the long decay behaviour, but klontart suggestion did fix that for me.

1 Like

I’ve applied the A4 MK2 update without major issues, but I had to resort to C6 to get the update going.

why you said without major issues ? do you encounter minor issues :slight_smile:
I update mine with C6 as well without any issue at all. all good here !

it’s cool they solved this :
Pressing the active parameter page key would immediately toggle to the secondary page, instead of showing parameter values.

1 Like

My issue was that Elektron Transfer didn’t work for the update.

1 Like

Elektron Transfer is for the Digitakt and AR MK1 (Digitakt running OS 1.01 or higher, Analog Rytm running OS 1.32 or higher) …

Prefer C6 as we use this one with A4 and AR MK1 before :wink: until Elektron make a announcement regarding which machine and which software we gonna use. For now, no change stick to C6 for security purpose.

1 Like

No light show either, here.
…whatevah…

Is there any electrical protection for this “turn on click” ? I am not sure if a DI box can help in this situation.

At any rate it’s good practice to check the levels on your mixer/interface before switching on.

3 Likes

Hey guys new user here. I got my AR MKII a few days ago and I just had a great night jamming with my friend in his studio last night making some downtempo electronica/IDM :blush:

The first night I spend with it the day I received it became increasingly frustrating since I’m so use to Ableton Live and Push 2 and suddenly there was this foreign machine in my setup which I really didn’t know how to properly use. However, after reading the quick start guide and watching some tutorials I was able to do a lot more and I made some cool dub techno patterns. Now I’m sure this machine will become a big part of my music and performance. I really love it’s sound!
Well, the AR MKII is calling me and I have a lot more to explore so see you all around in the forum!
Best
Soarer

6 Likes

Don’t forget to watch this tutorials (I think there is 2 on the RYTM)

2 Likes

Thanks William those were the videos I watched. Saw them in that post about sounds…
I really think Elektron should have made a bunch of free tutorials.

1 Like

There done a lot in fact but it’s distributed over several machine models (MachineDrum, Monomachine, Octatrack…) But I agree except from the workflow series they stopped a bit… to make new one. Probably because people make it I don’t know

I watched that one quite a while a ago but I’ll watch it again and pay attention.
I only found 2 x 16 presets/patterns on the AR (in banks A and B), can that really be right?

1 Like