Analog Rytm MK1 bpm slightly slower than Logic's bpm

I’m wondering if this is normal:

When I record my AR MKI into Logic X (analog outputs to Apogee Duet2 no sync just audio in) the bmp of AR and my logic project are slightly different. The AR is always about 0.05 bpm slower than it’s supposed to be (although it will show a consistent 128bpm on the tempo screen). For example if the AR’s tempo is set to 128 and Logic X’s tempo is also set to 128 the audio from the AR will slowly start to drift out of sync + start to phase with a click track. USB and MIDI sync both do nothing to correct this drift. The only work around I have found is to use Overbridge and recording a very long take (AR starts out of sync then drifts back into sync around 2mins into the recording).

Is there something wrong with my AR? Shouldn’t 128 bpm be universal?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Shouldnt you sync the AR to logic’s clock in the project settings (synchronisation/midi)? Works perfectly here.

I’ve tried syncing both with USB and with a MIDI interface. Unfortunately both produce the same tempo drift. I’ve read every post on here about it / tried every configuration / setting within logic and on the AR. I feel like my AR may be faulty.

I think it’s overbridge.
It basically turns your audio into liquid form and tries to sync its converters to your pc’s audio.
And i think this is what you hear.

you don’t need overbridge for this and since he uses logic he probably has a mac and not a PC. I agree with Ray that its probably the settings in logic. Could you explain exactly what your settings are?

Yes I run a 2010 macpro

Settings on the AR
System > USB - MIDI only
Midi Config > clock receive + transport receive checked (everything else unchecked)
Port Config > Input from MIDI + USB

Logic X Settings
Project Sample rate 48khz
I/O buffer size: 64 samples
Processing Threads: 12
Process Buffer Range: Small
Midi Sync: Transfer to destination 1 ‘Elektron Analog Rytm Analog Rytm out 1’ (checked)
Transmit MTC: All
Transmit MMC: Checked
Tried both song and pattern mode

AR will start and stop with Logic X transport, the bpm on AR’s tempo screen will fluctuate between 127.9 and 128 + occasionally up to 128.2 and 128.4 bpm. The recorded audio will slowly drift out of sync, dragging behind the beat. At around 1min 30s into the recording the drift will stop (AR will still be very out of time) but the sync will stabilize to the point of being within -2 to +2 samples off the beat.

This same drift occurs when recording using Overbridge. The only difference is that Overbridge corrects the drift and jumps / glitches to place the recording in time at around 1min 30s. After correcting the drift, Overbridge’s sync is slightly better at -1 and +1 samples off the beat.

I would just use Overbridge, however it’s incredibly buggy and introduces a lot of latency which makes jamming / improvising live very difficult (even with low latency mode turn on). Also having to record for 1min 30s before sync kicks in seems unusual.

Thank you all for your responses!!

check this tutorial; from 51 mins onward; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8q3Iv4uEDs&t=3575s

Thank you for linking that video. I’ve actually tried following his settings from this video before and they didn’t work, but I’ll try again.

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn’t work at all. My AR will play and stop with space bar, but that’s it. No audio is being sent to logic. One difference I’ve noticed from watching tutorials is that my AR comes up in menus as “Elektron Analog Rytm Analog Rytm out 1” where as other people’s AR just come up as “Elektron Analog Rytm”.

I’ve also tried re-installing the latest firmware, but it seems to make no difference.