Analog Rytm MK 2 Freezes! [2021 onwards]

Use this follow up thread to report new freeze issues? There was definitely a bad bug specifically with the MKIIs (discussed in the older thread), but was fixed more than a year ago through an update.

Previous Thread … (largely older resolved issues)

5 Likes

Hi

I’m happy (almost) user of rytm mk2 for about 3 weeks now, but sometimes I have problems with machine freezing

When machine is in ‘freez mode’ I need to turn off and turn on machine to be able to use it again

I was thinking about maybe it is midi loop because i have connected thru midi a4 mk1 and Digitone but rytm is set for just sending notes and sync data so I don’t think that this is midi issue.

I love to play live on this setup but with this annoying freezing thing i can’t play live

Machines are connected thru usb hub ( not elektron) with my akai force but usually akai is switched off so I doubt that force or hub is making this issue

All machines are running on most recent firmware os

What should I do?

Help

Cheers

1 Like

See if any issues arise when the Rytm is standalone, if not add one device and so on

2 Likes

Do you have MIDI going into the Rytm, as well as out? Can you expand the description of your setup a bit more?

Have you tried disconnecting them?

Ok

Rytm is my master device, a4 and Digitone are slaves, everything is connected via classic midi din cables
Rytm is not receiving any midi data, receiving is switched off anyway

In addition all gear is plugged into akai force thru hub but force is switched off but hub is running all the time

Few days ago I had freezing issue when rytm was only running and I was sampling something thru usb ( difrent hub which is connected to computer) from my MBP…
Rytm was running as a audio interface

So I don’t know, these freezes seems to be random to me

So, no MIDI cable plugged in? [quote=“Fade, post:6, topic:153632”]
In addition all gear is plugged into akai force thru hub but force is switched off but hub is running all the time
[/quote]

Could you have MIDI going over USB, too?

Projects can have 4 configuration sets. Do you use these? Might be good if you’re changing the device role, or workflow from time to time.

Yep… sounds like it…

I will use only rytm for some time and then I’ll see if this problem persist, I will switch off my USB hub as well…

So you think that I should setup midi only not midi and usb midi?

Its in Overbridge mode?

No

But USB audio is running ? I would disconnect that and see if it happens again.

I’ve noticed now that usb cable is not even connected to rytm ( I was messing around with changing place) and I remember that I was just stopping sequence by tapping stop button and then this freez happen so this cannot be issue with usb

1 Like

Is there any point of doing factory settings?

You mean switching off usb audio?

Today rytm freezes again when I was jaming with force, rytm is always sending things not receiving at all… And still crashes :cry:

Can you try it in standalone, only to be sure, that its not USB power /spikes ?

1 Like

Freezes happen even when there is no usb connection at all, just midi din cables

Yes, can you use a different power outlet -just to be sure ? I.e. different power distribution. If it reappears, i would send the box to elektron.

The thing is that I have bought it as a b stock in andertons, so probably someone had same same issues with it but I’m just guessing, I should send item back to the shop but now its to late :expressionless:

That sucks - contact them and see what they say - most stores (I’m fairly sure Andertons included) have their own warranty on b-stock items - they know stuff like this can happen.

This is what always puts me off buying b-stock tbh (and I buy used stuff all the time)

1 Like

They says that b stock is opened box only etc yes my ass