Analog Rytm Loops/Chains Template (project file)

Hey all, since on the Rytm, samples are so much fun, but working with slices and loops is a bit of a hassle, I made this project file that can serve as a template for your own projects.

It works like this:

• Open the Project
  • Copy the Pattern
  • Open your Project
  • Paste the Pattern somewhere
  • Copy & Paste the Tracks you need into your pattern
    (and be careful with your Projects, Patterns and Kits yada yada!)

You can also open the project and save it to a new project and start from scratch.

The Tracks are placed on the Pads as follows:

32    30
16 16 15 15
 8  8  4  4
 ^  ^  ^  ^
 |__|__|__|______ over the space of 32 trigs (for loops or digi/octa chains)
    |__|__|______ over the space of 16 trigs (for loops or digi/octa chains)
       |__|______ over the space of 30 trigs (for rytm chains)
          |______ over the space of 15 trigs (for rytm chains)

As a practical example, you can use the Track on Pad No. 5 (16 slices over the space of 32 trigs) and use the trick from my Generative Breakbeats tutorial (just start after the “linear locks” step) on the Rytm, just like on the Digitakt or Octatrack.

Or use the Track on Pad No. 9 to speed up your breakbeat loop without changing the pitch, or speed it down without changing tempo.

Or use the Track on Pad No. 7 (15 chain links over the space of 30 trigs) with sample chains made for Rytm (check my sample packs :wink: )

Here’s the file:

CAT-SLICE TMPL.arprj (5.4 KB)

… Have fun :loopy: :nyan:

12 Likes

Thank you so much, that’s cool!

Sample chains and the likes are still a mystery to me and I don’t like working with samples in general — but indeed, my first few hours with the Rytm are tremendously fun and it might help me finding the fun in samples finally. :partying_face:

1 Like