Analog rytm Kick changing randomly

hello, if someone can help i’d be awesome.
I have experienced the kick (DB1) changing randomly, specially in one kit. I’m trying to play my music life and whenever i press a pad on my livid controller, the kick (BD1) changes automatically. It only happens in this kit, the other kits are stable.

Would appreciate some help, thank you!

1 Like

Some Midi-CC interfering with your Kit maybe? Don’t know about the livid controller, but what happened to me sometimes is while jamming with friends I forgot to turn off “receive cc/nrpn”.

1 Like

The sound may well be designed to vary, either by e.g. velocity or a random LFO assignment or via aftertouch etc etc

Have a listen to what’s changing and then explore all the modulation possibilities

Also try playing the Rytm without the controller to see if it’s the sound or related to the control info

1 Like

What do you mean by “changes”

Does the livid send out Aftertouch. All tracks have AT set up to filter by default (annoying)

2 Likes

‘annoying’ is about the politest possible way to describe an impolite imposition … what an annoying way to set up a default patch, it’s infuriating, really short sighted imho … inexplicable and a massive chore if you constantly start from scratch or rely on page clearing … my main gripe across the whole spectrum of idiosyncrasies from the dark trinity :fury:

buried out of the way in a manner that may also have thrown the op

That was actually the problem, i missed it completely… thank you very much to you and all the people that contributed to solving my problem. Wish you all a great rest of the week and a lot of inspiration!

2 Likes

Yesterday when I switched on the Ar mk2 I noticed that the one BD was changing values randomly. I didn’t use any LFO, neither any external Midi-CC, only clock from my A4. At the sync section I have only checked the Clock Receive and Transport Receive. I coulnd’t figure out why this was happening and I did a factory reset and then it worked fine. It has happened one more time, before two months, at a new kit, at the bd. Has anybody encountered that issue lately or knows something about it?