AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

What OS are you using? Newest one works great for recording them!

Yes it does, I confirm.

Something I’d really like to see on the Rytm would be a volume control at the end of the master distortion so that levels could be matched to incoming audio, because incoming audio comes in after that distortion and can be hard to match if you start adding distortion. Also, an option to have the incoming audio pre or post distortion would really open things up to some interesting processing.

2 Likes

A cool thing to have available would be a Roller/looper function, meaning that you could loop all tracks at the point of the play position. Sort of like on the Beatstep Pro.

This could be done by holding [Retrig] + [Play] or any other combination. Even cooler would be if you could hold down [Retrig] and then activate the Roller/looper function with the [Trig] keys. The first key could then be 1/4 looping, the next 1/8 and so on.

I think it would add a significant value in a live situation.

1 Like

A random pattern generator. Unless there’s one there i don’t know about.

2 Likes

Check out STROM if you have an IPAD. Random Pattern and random random :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would, but i only have a gen 1 iPad. Does it work with an iPhone?

1 Like

not yet… :loopy:

Feature request:

It would be cool to be able to use stereo samples in stereo.
It could take up 2 voices,
Could be a feature of the pads that mute each other.
Would be cool to be able to select whether it should be stereo or collapse the 2 channels to one mono channel as it does now.

The pads that mute each other use one voice so you can’t do it that way anyway

Why not just set up two tracks yourself by splitting the file before uploading, Elektron won’t make this any easier for you, guaranteed

oh yeah, the pads that mute each other are one voice. forgot.
You are propably right about them not really caring to implement something like this, as rytm is not primarily a sampler.

I thought of that workaround, the reason i’d like something like this, is that i would have to set all parameters manually for the left and right side, and in live situations, id have to mute and unmute 2 pads. Some kind of stereo link would really be a cool feature, but not holding my breath :slight_smile:

While generating trigs is perhaps not in the spirit of Elektron sequencers thus far, I would really love to some day see Euclidean trig generation in the Rytm.

1 Like

Digital Lowcut in the sample playback options to cut low frequencies from the samples and make room for the analogue body

10 Likes

I’d love to see a analog OSC machine for the lower 4 pads where I can select waveform and tuning for the two OSCs independently, giving us access to detuned saw pads and basses.

A Legato/portamento mode for those 303 glides would be nice, somehow parameter glide seems to produce much less convincing results.

And, as some already said, a modulation matrix for the LFO would do wonders for sound design, if a second LFO can not be implemented.

Best,

K

track+ pads can select multiple sounds to edit, like MD shift + knobs

3 Likes

Phase inversion on samples please (kicks especially) ? This would make a world of difference to me. Thanks! Paul

5 Likes

Different play modes on each track (pendulum, backwards, random) and please give us speed modifiers per track. I’d like to do ambient with 8 bar chord progressions at half Speed in one track while all other tracks run at normal speed.

I could really see an alternative sample play engine that does wave table synthesis, but Elektron probably would rather do a digital synthesis box on its own with WT and FM than pimping the AR. Hell, i would buy such a Digital 24 box in a second if it was ever released.

K

1 Like

Pattern Page where trigs can be humanized (velocity + timing) by a certain %, and other population options…

2 Likes

The Octatrack offers different trig modes (e.g. mute, chromatic, etc). Since the Rytm has got eight data knobs, I like the idea of having a track volume mode, where you can freely assign track volume control to the eight data knobs. Maybe via internal midi configuration.

This could be applied to the Octatrack as well since it is not possible to change track volumes simultaneously in a handy way without an external midi controller.

If there is such a functionality please send me a message, I’d very much like to know about it!

Not sure if this has been requested yet, but more LFO shapes would be welcome. Irregular waveshapes mainly, the stock ones cover all the basic needs.

Also, I’d love it if the OT’s song mode implementation could be brought to the analog boxes. Wouldn’t say no to true polymetry either (like on the OT)!

4 Likes