Analog Keys Track Midi Out

Hi!

I have recently purchased an Analog Keys, and I am combining it with a Squarp Pyramid sequencer. The question I have is, can the AK send track note data out from the keyboard not just from the sequencer. Ideally, I want the option of sequencing the AK either internally or from the Pyramid.

The other question I have is, can you use an external sequencer to play midi maps? EG, if I set up a drum kit on an octave, can I trigger these externally?

Thanks in advance!

I don’t know exactly what you mean by “send track note data out from the keyboard”.

The Analog Keys provides those options.

Yes. The INT.TRIG function in the MULTI MAP editor allows you to define which sounds play in response to incoming MIDI note messages.

Thanks, for the info.

To answer your question, I would like to send out midi note data from Track One when I am playing the keyboard so that I can record this externally. I would like to have the option of recording notes I play on a track on the Pyramid. I can only get the midi data to output to my laptop or the Pyramid from sequenced notes. Does that make sense?

Thanks from the heads up on INT.TRIG

If I understand your needs correctly, you can use MIDI EXT mode (external keyboard mode) for this purpose.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking, I was just hoping I could use the midi channels for each track so it fitted with my setup on the Pyramid. Its part of the fun though, working out how things fit together :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!

Yeah I use AK as controller for Pyramid, as @PeterHanes said use MIDI EXT mode on AK, you can also use multimap for splits etc.

Ah, I get it, thank you. I can set up a multi-map with splits to send keyboard data on different channels. That is very cool. Thanks for the tip. The AK is so versitle and paired with the Pyramid, killer combo.