Analog Keys strange note latch bug?

Hi there!

I just received a used Analog Keys and got stuck at the first try to play it.

After powering up ta first it behaves as I woudl expect it to. I can select sounds and tweak them while playing the keyboard.

But as soon as I tap on on o the OCTAVE DOWN or OCTAVE UP buttons the keyboard switches in a strange Latch mode: The HOLD LED goes on and all notes I play on the keyboard stay on when I release the key with their LED lit and need to manually be switched off by pressing the key again. I can manually switch all Keyboard LED’s on and off this way but cannot use the Keyboard to just play notes in the conventional way.

The HOLD key does not react to keypresses and the only way to leave this state is power cycling. Then everythin works as expected again until I touch one of the keybord range buttons again (the actual shifting of the keyboard range still works normal BTW).

I cannot find anything about this hold/latch mode within the manual but it would be a very strange malfunction and I wonder if I just might not understand something here?

Firmware upgrade to 1.51, factory reset and Hardware self test had no effect by now.

Any ideas what might be going wrong here?

that sounds like a shortage within the button Matrix.

normally you hold down notes, press the hold button, release the notes, release the hold button, Drone.

you are sure to not press multimap, right? :innocent:

Oh dear, I feared it would be something like this.

No, I am not pressing multimap. And when I try to use the HOLD button on keyboard notes, it does not work either.

It seems that I have to work on sending it back and getting refunded. At least I ought it on Reverb.

1 Like