Analog Keys MIDI OUT Questions

Hi all,

I have recently got an Analog Keys, I am currently trying to set it up so I can play and sequence two external synths. I want to use the FX and CV tracks for this so then I can use tracks 1 to 4 as normal.

I have gone to MIDI Config and set the FX and CV channels to my other synths respective MIDI channels. I have also gone into Note Setup and enabled the SEND MIDI check boxes.

My understanding is that now I should be able to play keys on the FX / CV tracks and they should trigger the other synths. However this is not happening.

In addition when trying to record a sequence I do not seem to be able to record anything on the FX or CV tracks, plus it seems they can only play one note at a time rather than four (only one LED lights up).

Can somebody give me some guidance here please? The documentation doesn’t see, to be updated in the user manual for this, plus I could not locate a definitive tutorial anywhere (though perhaps I missed it).

Thanks!

First of all FX track doesn’t record notes as far as I’m aware. It’s only for control of the FX, don’t think you can decouple the values from the FX and send those over midi as separate control lanes, but I’m not sure

As for the CV track, you might check that the channels are set correctly. But yes you should be able to select track 6 and play and record an external synth.

Also, you might have old firmware, I think CV track midi was added at some point.

1 Like

Welcome! @FiveTenFiftyfold

Both the FX and CV tracks can be used for external midi sequencing. You will need to change your KEYBOARD DEST to INT + EXT in order to have the keys/Keys send to your external gear (In MIDI PORT CONFIG). I’m guessing right now it is set to INT only.

You might be holding a chord first and then trying to hit the Trig, but you will need to do the reverse, hold the Trig, then hold your chord/add your notes on the keyboard.

Good luck.

2 Likes

I think you will only hear the external synth when triggered via sequencer, not when playing on keyboard, but will check tomorrow…