Analog Keys midi control question

Hey y’all. So I’m running a digitakt into my MD as well as into my analogkeys. Everything is midi synced fine, my only issue is when I press a key on the analogkeys, instead of playing say a middle C, it changes my pattern. How do I have these boxes all midi synced, with DT as master, and still be able to play the keys on the keyboard with the pattern change happening? Seems like a setting within the analogkeys itself, I’m just kind of midi illiterate at times. Thanks for any and all help!

Your description of your system is very confusing. What MIDI connections have you made between the three instruments? On which instrument is the unwanted pattern change occurring?

1 Like

Yeah a bit confusing. If AK is the last in midi chain, it probably means that pattern changes are controlled by MULTI MAP settings.

MD has also a MAP EDITOR, and it can change pattern receiving set notes.

1 Like

Ok, let me be more detailed. The digitakt is my midi master sending midi out to the machinedrum, which then goes midi thru into the analogkeys. The issue I’m having is that when I’m working with this setup, trying to get my live set together, every once in a while I want to edit a note or whatever on the analogkeys. When I go to play something on the analogkeys and I press down a key, instead of playing a note, it changes the pattern to something completely different. I’m sure what key I press corresponds to what ever pattern it pulls up, but this isn’t a feature I want happening at the moment. I want the analogkeys to be midi tempo synced and pattern change synced, which it is. I just want the ability to play the key bed at the same time. Make sense? So how do I get that to happen? Cheers

@PeterHanes? Your turn. :wink:

Do you have a connection from the MIDI Out of the AK to the DT? If so, disconnect it.

Do you have a Multi Map set up in the GLOBAL > MIDI CONFIG settings on the AK?

1 Like

@archtype - I’m having a similar issue on the A4, where the button-keys don’t seem to act intuitively when A4 is receiving MIDI in.

What’s happening in my situation is I have an external synth connected as a controller/keyboard. I’d like to use both the external as well as the A4 button-keys at the same time, but the A4 button-keys seem to temporarily disable the external keys when both are pressed at the same time. (I should note that I tried every possible midi channel setup I could think of to no avail)

I’m wondering if this is just the way it has to function due to something about the nature of MIDI (and if maybe it’s just not feasible to use both on-board AND external keys simultaneously?), or if it’s something that might be able to be addressed in an OS update.

As for what’s happening in your case, it seems strange that in your case since the AK is at the end of the chain, and only getting MIDI in, that the sole act of making this connection this would affect how the AK keys themselves function, but my knowledge of this stuff isn’t too advanced. If you can think of any way I can help troubleshoot your issue - I don’t have the same gear, but I have an A4, Organelle, Yamaha reface, and QuNexus…

I don’t have anything out of the ak midi out, it’s the last in the chain