Analog Keys incoming, few questions

After a bit of umming and ahhhing, and a go ahead signal from the long suffering wife, I’ve got an Analog Keys on the way. Just have a few questions I can’t find a straight answer to, and hoping one of you kind people could help me out.

Can anyone recommend a compact but sturdy floor stand for it that can sit next to my desk?

For the inputs, I can see that I can set them to come into one of the tracks as a replacement oscillator to take advantage of the signal path, envelopes, etc. Can I just bring it in as a signal that bypasses all of these other than the effects, and listen to the output on the headphones as well? Edit: Found my answer to this one, yes you can in the FX track.

In Overbridge mode going into a DAW, I can see that I can take the four tracks as outs over USB, same as my Digitakt, without the send effects. I can see that I can also get the master out. I can’t see an option for the inputs, however. Am I missing something? If there is no output over USB for the inputs, can I turn off all the track sends and effects sends to the master, and then take the master out as just the input signals processed through the AK?

Am I understanding the manual correctly that I can program sequences on all of the tracks on the AK, then switch the AK to midi key mode and play an external device hooked up to the inputs while the sequence is running? If so that could be very nice for playing a PreenFM2 patch or two, and the Preen fits perfectly in that little space on the top right of the panel…

Am I correct that if I only need two CV outs, I can just use mono leads from the two ports and deactivate B and D, therefore sending only one signal per cable?

Many thanks

yep

ultimately that will be possible, one way or another, don’t know how the AK handles its MIDI mode implementation, i couldn’t say if it suddenly stops talking to the onboard engine - however, the device has only a few tracks, so there will be channels left over that you can hopefully utilise

that will be doable anyway, surprised it doesn’t show inputs - i’d expect those - keep in mind though that A4 mki and AK have limited bandwidth, so tracks may need deselecting to select others

1 Like

Thanks! That helps

1 Like