Analog Keys: Cheat Sheet reference sticker now available

[edit] These are now available to buy from https://ctrlv.bigcartel.com

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Hi all!
I’m always forgetting the button combos for common (and less common) actions on the AK. There’s a lot to remember and they’re split across Rec modes too. So I’ve designed a sticker that fits in the right-hand side empty space (opposite the PB stick) that i think some people would find very useful. It would be a vinyl sticker, radiused edges, matt laminated, removable, priced around £7 inc post.

Thing is, i have no idea how many actual AK users there are out there and if they would be interested in this. I know it’s very niche, but i managed to sell 100x Bass Station II overlay stickers last time when i thought there would be little interest, so who knows!

Here’s a mockup of how it would look.

19 Likes

Looks nice!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ll order one

1 Like

I like it! :thup:

1 Like

tweaked it a bit, updated the mockup image

2 Likes

I no longer have an AK but if I still did, I’d be all over this!

2 Likes

Thanks Adam. If there was room on the A4s for this there might be more interest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks great. If it could a type of sticker that would come off easy and not damage the paint work. I would very interested. Any chance of seeing the full shortcut sheet?

1 Like

You only list copy operations? Maybe add a line underneath, something like …+[Stop] to paste?

And maybe you can find space to squeeze the new step sequencer recording modes in there as well?
Standard step mode = [Rec]+[Stop] and jump mode = [Rec]+Double Tap [Stop]?

Probaply no space then for live rec quantization [Rec]+Double Tap [Play] left…

1 Like

thanks for the feedback! the idea was not to list all the controls, but only the ones that are either not printed on the unit in red, or are somewhat ambiguous (different copy/paste actions depending on grid or non-grid modes). i’ve used an (etc.) after one of the Kit commands to show that this applies to the other buttons in that row too (Sound, Track, Pattern etc…) so i could use that on the Copy controls too maybe. good shout on the newer rec+stop for Step Rec - forgot about that one! i’m still tweaking it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yes these would be removable - one is going on my machine and i don’t want that either :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, sure! I guess it was mainly my list-OCD speaking^^ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Great. Count me in. The price sounds fair. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

pretty full now, close to being the final list…

7 Likes

Do you need to distinguish A/B?

If I understand correctly, you can just have a asterisk (*) next to each of Step Record Mode and Live Record Mode, and then a asterisk at the bottom.

A and B initially made me think there are some different unique functionality for each one, but then at the bottom it says A/B which then tells me, no it’s the same thing that applies to both.

Nothing serious, just thought I’d mention it.

It’s looking good! I’m definitely in.

1 Like

Yea I agree that line needs to be reworded. A is Jump, B is Quantize but it’s not clear. A and B had a line each at first but space is tight so I tried to condense the info into one line. Doesn’t work. Asterisk could work better, will fiddle with thanks…

1 Like

The “side space under the 16 trigs” has space for this kind of thing imo. Not quite the as elegant as the AK option suggested here but just saying. Could be nice for some kind of personal cheat cheat like MIDI CC’s , Tempo per pattern/global or something general like that.

Hmm - a sticker for the A4 Desktop would be cool xD

Copy “params page” might be clearer?

Edit: count me in too @garf

1 Like