Analog Keys as CV controller for Subsequent37?

Hi everyone. I recently added a AK and a Subsequent37 to my rig. I have never been that much into CV and modular, but it happens that the AK has 4 CV outputs, and the Subsequent has 4 CV inputs . I was wonderng how I could take advantage of these options, and if there are any advantages over using regular midi CC’s to control/sequence some Moog param’s. Thanks!

1 Like

I have a sub phatty hooked up to the A4 through cv. And a sub 37 hooked up to a DT via MIDI. The cv is much better for sending the filter control values, you can send a value with some envelope and lfo mixed in and plock changes to values on the A4…
With the DT over MIDI stepping can be heard and lfo sent to the filter CC craps out and cant cycle as fast as the cv.

You can save cv automations to your patterns…i havnt tried it but as you are able to change the cv inputs to most parameters in the cv routing of the Moog you should be able to find some interesting patches.

The reason however i have the sub phatty and not the 37 connected by cv is paraphony…! Midi can send 2 notes, cv…only one.

I have them both sending audio into the A4 for chorus and reverb with delay automation.

2 Likes

Good point! Thanks for your input. Lots of new territory to explore with these synths…

1 Like