Analog Keys and Analog Four Mk 2 compatibility for saved sounds

Another one. Sorry if this is well known. I use an Analog Keys on stage right now and am getting a bit worried because even though it is insured they aren’t made any more. And nor is the A4 Mk 1 which I understand had a high degree of compatibility. My main worry is losing all my presets and carefully created sounds.

• I have all the sounds saved via Sysex dumps, does anyoen know if they could be loaded into a Analog 4 Mk 2 if the worst happnes or are the parameters too different?
    -Is there any way of loading Overbridge settings from Analog Keys into Analog Four Mk 2?

Sounds are compatible but the filter and overdrive on the Mk2 is significantly different, it’s possible to get similar sounds if the drive is neutral, but the A4 Mk2 can do driven sounds through its improved ladder filter that the original won’t - the sounds will be close and compatible (both ways) but not that last few percent if those aspects are leaned on in the sound patch

It won’t be different for many, it’ll be a slight difference for some and it’ll be significant for a few - but the Mk2 is definitely an improvement, it also presents the whole overall sound a little better, more open in the low/mids, even for similar sounds not leaning on an overdriven ladder

Your best bet would be to export teh sounds for safety - then try connecting the two devices together and sysex direct from one to teh other, pretty sure that works well for sounds

Thanks!
I don’t actually own a mk 2 I should explain, this is more about if I lose or break my AK at a gig and (since they are no longer made) need to get a Mk 2 to replace it. But I think you have answered my question, sysex works for copying sound settings across but there may be some differences due to the nature of the instrument. Hopefully it won’t come down to it but i can probably live with that.

1 Like