Analog Heat

I think, with OB, you can use this as a send effect. I think that’s the idea.

or on your mixer, send or sum

2 Likes

Price is a bit excessive, but I’m starting to … warm … to the idea the more I think about it.

Seeing it basically as an DAW adjunct for processing through Overbridge … the possibility of using my Rytm and A4 in that way to add a little bit of analogue heft to soft synths is something I was big into in theory, still find it a little bit messy in practice though.

2 Likes

The specs say that it can be controlled via CV. Sorry for the stupid question, but could someone give an example what kind of control we are talking about with this device?

Yes?

1 Like

P Locking effect Parameters via CV?

In theory I would have been up for this six months ago. I was looking for saturation fx pedals and ended up getting Eventide H9. Which can be used for any fx I would need. So now I guess I’m gonna stick with it…

i guess you can modulate certain elements with it or even sequence it … 5V max

It’s not a repackaging of the AF/AR effects at all. You’re too quick to assume :wink:

1 Like

Basic expression pedal, A4 CV, eurorack, Mother32, Arturia Beatstep etc

Intrigue! Seems like direct Strymon competition. Bet there’s a slew of them ala the TE PO’s. Analog Ice. Analog Dub. Lol. With a few of these in a chain Overbridged up, could be very rad indeed! I myself am not much of distortion person - but looking forward to how this all unfolds!

Am I the only one who’s exited about the stereo analog filter?

9 Likes

when the distortion is great …

but more interresting will be if the eight typs of distortion have parameters beyond WET/MIX/DRIVE

no, you are not alone…

1 Like

What I like about it, is that it looks really nice… but I don’t feel need to buy it immediately…
so let’s see later, and I will just continue making music with my few boxes. It is difficult enough and I have more than enough to learn…

only thing… I feel I have to go through the learning curve of the OT now.

1 Like

I like the idea of hands on controls for the filter and not having to route via my A4 or double moogs… Just seems quick and easy, and a multimode is always useful… And for 750 USD you get the filter, an EQ and distortion… doesn’t sound too bad to me to be honest. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

and TURBO support in that case. The Heat has all the MIDI IO for turbo, so let’s hope it’s on board

2 Likes

why a lower $ than €?

1 Like

Hey Lukree,

I just was trying out an H9 in a guitar store the other day (with a guitar, go figure). It left me pretty cold as a guitar effect. It didn’t help that the way its designed you cannot use your iPad to control the demo model in the store. (The H9 must be registered with Eventide to your email address etc for you to hook your iPad up to it – I had pre-installed the app for the demo in hopes of getting a full experience but no such luck).

Anyway I was left fiddling around with presets and so on and heard very little that inspired me. Maybe it’s a better keyboard effect? On paper it’s a massive amount of bang for the buck.

Weird/shame they didn’t throw a sequencer on this to give it a little more of a unique selling point (outside of overbridge…). A ton of fx pedals/units already take cv and/or midi and can be sequenced/p-locked from OT/AK, so its strange that people seem to be getting hyped over that side of it?

3 Likes