Analog Heat weird glitchy behavior NOT over usb

Could use some help: I purchased a used AH MK2 via reverb listed as mint. The unit was originally purchased about 9 months ago. I noticed some odd behavior and have since done a firmware refresh/update. Initially, when selecting a character type or filter mode, it would suddenly begin randomly cycling through the options, then eventually stop on one. It hasn’t done that since the firmware update fortunately. Not yet anyhow. The other issue that persists is that the numerical readout for, say, the filter frequency, seems to be jumping around a little bit and doesn’t seem to match what’s actually happening to the audio. Is this because it is analog circuitry with a digital brain that is trying to keep up with natural analog fluctuations? Or is there a deeper problem with the unit? This behavior does not show up with the LFO, for example. So I’m wondering if this isn’t normal for the filter. Thanks for any help!!

Definitely a weird lag with the filter cutoff. I’ll wiggle it back and forth several times and it will do the knob changes but on a delay, like a 2 or 3 second delay. I’m assuming this is NOT normal behavior.

Yes and possibly yes? Submit a ticket to Elektron, it may be that there’s a soldering intermittency somewhere on the board.

Any fluctuations should be under control by the firmware, this is out of spec for what it should be doing under proper function.

1 Like

Sounds like there’s some sort of deeper issue with your unit. My AH does not do this. I would contact support.

1 Like

Thanks for the responses. Since it’s a new used purchase I’m just sending it back and I’ll look out for another, maybe wait until the newest version is out. We’ll see. I’m set on stereo distortion effects and have some in eurorack. But I love the idea of a box with presets that just sounds fat and gnarly. AH fits the bill!