Analog Heat using Headphone out as FX return

Hello,
Here is the situation: I have a Digitakt that I use alone to make beats, connected to an Analog Heat MKII to process the master and sending audio directly on monitors via main audio out, and usb to record on PC.
What I want to do, is to use differents settings on the AH to process only some tracks (like bass, drum breaks, etc…) and resample them in the DT.
My question: Can I use the headphone out of the AH to come back on the DT input (of course without monitoring activated). Is the signal level of headphone compatible with line level of DT in ?
Please give me your advice I don’t want break something or resample poor signal.

Yes, should work. You can try and compare headphones / Ouputs LR recordings anyway.

1 Like

I tried, and the quality of headphone recording is really low. Bass are gone, it’s not the same dynamics. Don’t work :frowning:

Did you compare headphones / Ouputs LR recordings ?
What cable did you use ?

I didnt try the main out because they are connected to my speaker. I used a simple Cordial jack stereo -> double jack mono.
I could test with main out but this will make me a lot of moving objects and unplugging cables, and it’s not the solution I want for the final (I want keep the main AH out to the speakers, I also use it to listen music from my computer)

Yes but what if recording is similar with Main?
I’d compare.
1 cable to unplug.

yep. you right I will try, just to know ^^

1 Like

I did a better test with cable plug / unplug direct and yes, seem to work finally.

I hear no differences between the main out and the headphone out when resampling.

So, it’s good, I can use it without adding a mixer! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:thup: