Analog Heat suond sculpting Cuckoo demo tutorial

Time for one of these long Cuckoo videos again. In my first Analog Heat video I kept throwing everything at it. But this time, after a few months with it, I’m doing the exact opposite. I’m using just one patch, to showcase how the Heat can be an amazing tool to sculpt sounds into a wide range of wildly different directions. I really like it. Especially powerful for bass sounds, but also for creating lovely textures, or just briefly improving a sound.

10 Likes

Great video, thanks for taking the time to put it together. There is some useful stuff in here that I hadn’t thought of, like subtly attenuating the distortion level on chords vs mono sounds. This is an incredible piece of kit and I’m glad I picked one up last week. Right now it’s sitting between two H9s in an FX chain, couldn’t be happier with the sonic possibilities on offer.

1 Like

Your videos were invaluable when I first got my Rytm - I must have watched a few from start-finish at least 10 times! Now it looks like I’m getting an Analog Heat and it’s all your fault :stuck_out_tongue: Any notable tips and tricks that you weren’t able to include in this video?
Thank you so much for your service to the electronic music community!

1 Like

Cool, thanks! Glad to hear you find it useful :slight_smile:
I actually haven’t used it much for advanced stuff, but mostly just like in this video. But if you open the menu you’ll notice that there’s actually two destinations and stuff (not present in the main interface). I’ve meant to check this out for a long time, but sort of forgotten about it. That could be cool.

1 Like

thanks for the great videos… youre an asset to anyone that gets into the elektron gear

1 Like

Great tip! I got mine a few days ago and I’ve been getting a lot of good results from assigning the envelope follower to affect the drive and filter cutoff at the same time in Overbridge.

1 Like