Analog Heat standalone audio recorder

Hi there, i have just got my heat mkii and am trying to record a Master track of my digitakt going into heat being effected by heat.
I prefer to use standalone heat overbridge audio recorder but keep getting two audio files from each capture INPUT and FX RTN…is there any way so i get a mix of both in one master file?

FX RTN should be your effected signal, while input would be the dry digitakt signal. I’ll just be over here still wanting an analog heat…

3 Likes

Yeah but on the FX RTN channel the digital dry signal or uneffected one is much lower than the FX so the track sounds unbalanced in volume?
Thanks for your reply…yes its an awesome device im very happy with it snd its insane power to shape the sound​:blush::pray::metal::heart:‍:fire:

Also on the recorded FX RTN track im bringing in the FX at different times from off to on…i find the unaffected signal on the FX RTN track is too low and when i turn FX on its too high is this just effected by WET level knob combined with DRY/WET knob ?

Based on the signal flow diagram it looks like what comes back through FX RTN, is after the WET/DRY mix, so you should just need to record that. I know the heat doesn’t really provide any automatic gain adjustments as you increase WET signal, but as an overdrive unit it makes sense that it’s louder than the DRY signal.

As far as volume goes, I know on my digitakt overbridge tracks come in around -12db to provide plenty of headroom. Don’t think there’s a way to boost the levels in the standalone app. I simply add a utility device to add 12db in ableton but that’s probably not the answer you were looking for.