Analog Heat Rendering

Hello Elektronauts,

I have a stupid question :slight_smile:

I’ve just got my Heat MK2 and worked it inside Cubase 12 thus a USB connection.
But when I’m exporting the track it comes out with no effects by the unit.
do I need an audio analog PL connection to render/export my track with the extra distortion from your unit?

Many thanks

…u can run it via overbridge as a dedicated plugin OR u gotto go for the classic way and insert it in/out via ur audiointerface…

if u use the usb connection without any ob implementation it’s working as classcompliant audiointerface of it’s own…

dunno the actual status of ob meets cubase…
but if u wanna harvest heats unique analog charme, i’d say u connect it as classsic outboard fx via some additional ins and outs of ur interface and deal with ur cubase internal mixer routing options…

1 Like

You need to render it in realtime, otherwise it won’t work (not sure if that is what it is called in Cubase, but in Bitwig you haev a choice between real time and offline rendering)

3 Likes

…and sure, there is no offline bouncing ever possible, no matter how u connect it, since at it’s core it a truu analog device…

but no matter how digital only u work, once ur done, one last render in realtime is always a good choice…

Okay thank you all
I’ll try the real-time and if it doesnt do the job I will go classic analog in out

I use to work with my tubes unit distortion and it can do a “realtime render” but with Heat MK2 cubase dont so that… strange maybe diffrent plugin type…

Cheers!

Real-time export should work in Cubase.

I tend to render any parts using the Heat to audio before I bounce a track, and then disable the original track. That way, if I want to make any minor mix changes after the fact I don’t have to do another real-time export. Ditto for any other tracks using outboard gear.