Analog Heat Power Consumption

I would like to prepare a Live Setup with DT, DN & AH.
Ideally this thing is battery powered but I worry that the AH will consume too much power, since it is always pretty warm when it sits on my desk.
Has anybody more knowledge about how the AH compares to DT / DN / ST regarding power consumption?

Update:
Nominal technical specifications are
DT 1A
DN 1A
ST 2A
AH 2A

anything analog drains more, ok. But are those definite numbers or are those extreme values?
Otherwise I really need to consider if the AH is actually necessary since it is equivalent to 2 Digi boxes.

I don’t have any hard numbers on this but heat (no pun) is the byproduct of energy and since syntakt especially, but analog heat as well both run warmer in temperature than DT or DN one can surmise that the difference in temperature is a condition of greater consumption of power. The power will not run at a static flat draw the entire time the machine is powered on, like with a computer or watching youtube on your phone, certain processor intensive functions will probably cause fluctuation and of course when you first turn on a machine there’s a surge of power so the ratings are generally showing the max expectation at one of those times - heavy processing load or surge from powering on, however if I had to guess I would say that it’s not unrealistic to think the syntakt especially, but also the heat, will make greater demands on the power source and if the source is a battery, they will absolutely drain the battery faster.

If someone has first hand knowledge I’m sure they can chime in about it but this is just science, heat is the byproduct of energy. If they’re rated at double the amperage, even if it’s at the max consumption, the static baseline draw from the power source is probably equivalent to double what the DT/DN would be in the same state.

1 Like