Analog Heat Overbridge Problems

I had an Analog Heat MK2 arrive today. It’s my first Elektron product and experience with the company! I’m maybe not the typical owner of this product, I don’t have loads of synths and I’m more of studio guy working on production and mixing, and use lots of outboard as hardware inserts.

I thought the Heat looked like a really cool saturation unit - analogue, digital control, bit of a different form factor to the usual racks - so I took a punt on it. I was also considering the OTO Boum but went with the heat for more features and versatility and the ability to use a plug-in for quick and easy recall.

Well, no. Nothing is ever that simple is it! 5 minutes into using Heat I was loving it. Sounds absolutely fantastic and can do some really cool stuff with it, but Overbridge just does not work. Randomly disconnects and requires a hardware restart. There is no point in having this digital system if you cannot 100% rely on it all of the time. It’s a great idea, but pointless as it doesn’t work.

So I’m using it via audio ins and outs as a normal hardware insert. Recall isn’t too bad I guess, save a preset and load it up, but how good would it be if you just load up your project and it does that automatically for you? I’ll probably set up something with MIDI, PC message out from Logic at the start of a session the change it to the right preset or something.

I just wanted to add my voice to this though and make all feel heard! I’m pretty annoyed about this as for me it was a major selling point, but just does not function in a usable or reliable way.

I hope we can get this fixed, but I have no idea what Elektron are like as a company in that regard. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

I have an Analog Heat MK1. Just upgraded to a new Mac mini M1. My previous Mac was so old I never used Overbridge before now. So, I downloaded Overbridge. Guess what, it does not even find my device (AHMK1). After a few emails to Elektron (who gave me the impression I was doing something wrong) I have given up with it. I just want to make music.

Hey

Just got AH MK2 a few days ago. I also have issues with Overrbridge connection. The AH MK2 work from about a minute and sometimes for a few minutes, than to suddenly stops. This happens when turning knobs on the hardware. I have the plugin on a bus in Studio One 5 (Win 10). I do have OS 1.21B on AH.

For some reason it still looks like audio come into OB, but not signal into the hardware. I have to reset the hardware to work again.

My other Elektron gear A4 MK2 and AR MK2 work flawless in Overbridge.

It’s a known issue. I just hope it will be fixed soon. If I were Elektron, I would put this as a priority because there is a lot of mad customers.

Has this issue been acknowledged by Elektron? Are they addressing / working towards a fix?

Just wanted to chime in with the same. Got my new AHMK2 today, loaded up the plugin on my master channel in Ableton and BANG, maybe 3 to 5 minutes later it just goes dead. If I delete the plugin and add it again the sound comes back, so it’s obviously a software/overbridge problem.

Really disappointed with Elektron, I have a show coming up and I bought this to add some grunt to my live set sound. If I can’t rely on to perform it it’s useless gear for me. Never had any problem like this with my Digitone or Digitakt before.

1 Like

I had the same issue with my unit. I contacted the support and they sent me an updated firmware with a bugfix!

1 Like

Uh? Newer version or the previous?
Please share in the file section if it’s a later version then available on the elektron site

It’s a newer version containing a bugfix for only this, if i got it correctly. They asked me not to share it but contact the support and i’m sure they’ll send you a copy as well

3 Likes

Same for me. I’ll test it today and report back.

1 Like

Sorry to revive an old thread but before I sell my Analog Heat want to see how you all are fairing with this new firmware they sent you and do you think they will release it? I am finally using Analog Heat MKii with Overbridge and every few minutes it stops working and requires a hardware restart. Worthless in that regard. Do you think Elektron will address it? I am doing A/B tests with that black box plugin and sound wise it blows doors on the Heat, so thinking it is time to et rid of it. Would keep it if there is a hope of it soon working as advertised.

I was having that issue but the latest firmware (available on the Elektron website) fixed it for me.

Why not ask them directly? Their support usually replies quickly. All you can get here is second guessing …

2 Likes

Yes, reached out to them. Its holiday time for them but they got back to me with a link! Tested and it works good now. ran it for an hour with no glitches. its solid now.

for anyone in need: Elektron

1 Like

There is still a problem with Overbridge and AH, in Live 11. It locks up when using jump for some reason, so I don’t use it. However then you have to work your way with the knobs to get the displays to where the machine actually is for that parameter, eg, the filter. Also, volume doesn’t work on the machine when using Overbridge.

Greets,
Having a newbie issue with OB and Heat…and hoping to find answers.
I downloaded Overbridge 2.5.1 for the first time and it recognizes Heat mk1 (1.21C)
It is the input and output device for audio…I am using it in a midi channel and routing the audio and midi channels to midi channel 2 where Heat is as a VST and sending the audio to master. unfortunate for me at the moment no audio is passing.

Thank you