Analog Heat OB audio cutting out after a few seconds

Fantastic thank you bdbr. I’ll try this out. I’ve since worked out that I can use overbridge fine without losing audio if I don’t touch the physical knobs on the Heat. It’s a workaround but not perfect.

No problem. I would say just go to 1.20 so you have access to the knobs. 1.21 makes no diff in reality

1 Like

I think this may have worked … reverted back to OS1.20 and I’ve just had it working for the last 15 mins with no audio drop outs. thank you :+1:

I’m having the same issues, does anyone have the OS for MK1?

Same problem for me. Downgrading to 1.20 fixed it.

1 Like

Same,
Lucky i found this tread after the whole night stressing why the Heat mk1 stopped working after the upgrade to 1.21.

For the ones who want to downgrade to the stable 1.20
Scroll down in the OP to the Firmware:

Exactly the same problem and I have a concert tomorrow… Nice surprise.

For me the downgrade doesn’t work, atleast through Transfer - just says “upgrade failed checksum error”. Using the newest versions of both overbridge and transfer, could that be the problem?

Wow, still no fix for this?

1 Like

Still not working. Tried everything: Downgrading to 1.20. Using older overbridge-versions.
Took me two hours and I give up. Please provide a fix for this !

1 Like

I bought a new Heat MKII, with Firmware 1.21B preinstalled. I have the latest overbridge V2.0.60.2 and Windows 10 and Cubase 11 with the latest updates. I am having exactly the same issues. Downgrading won’t work, I am getting a “Unsupported Downgrad” error.

My Analog Four MK1 works as charm as always.

This is such a pitty, because I bought that thing precisely for this: Having audio & editing in my digital workflow and getting rid of analog audio outs/ins.

Elektron guys? Any hope?

Out of curiosity, is there anybody who doesn’t have this issue when using the Heat with OB?

I always had this issue since Day 1 and Elektron has never released a stable bug fix.

It should be or should have been a top priority since a lot of people bought the Heat to use it with OB.

I’m pretty sure when I first got my Heat that I wasn’t running into this issue (or at least, not enough to concern me), but it’s rendered using the Heat with OB pretty useless to me as it’s happening too frequently now. I hope there’s a fix on the way.

1 Like

I did when I first got my AH MKII but since I downgraded the firmware to 1.20 it hasn’t happened. I’m using it on Windows 10 with Cubase 11.

1 Like

Had the same issues and i downgrade to 1.20 but now i cannot see the analog heat in
Overdridge.

Big Sur is a pain in ….

Any suggestions ?

I think I had that problem the first time so I had to uninstall/reinstall. You have to do that thing in the settings where you approve newly installed programs within 30 mins or something

I have this kind of issue with the DN in OB mode. It’s probably a driver flaw in Oberbridge. The sound cuts after a few minutes, and it’s a mess to get it back. I’m under Monterey now but it was the same under Big Sur. The USB connection (no OB) seems more reliable.

I’m curious, because I don’t experience drop of audio with Analog Heat mk2 and Overbridge, on Windows. Are you people on OSX?

I also notice I’m still on 1.20A. I checked and that’s not the latest, so maybe it’s happening in 1.21 only? Although release notes say “The USB Class Compliant audio from the computer to the Elektron device could sometimes be silenced.” Which maybe has nothing to do with Overbridge but rather class compliant USB audio?

I’m a bit puzzled :slight_smile:

If you tweak extensively the AH, do you have any issues?

I have never done that so far. the only use I had so far is render tracks through it for mastering purposes, when using Overbridge.

I intend to use it more to process individual tracks that are in the box already, so I may tweak more then. So for I do that when tracking hardware into the computer but that doesn’t use Overbridge, the processing happens pre-recording…