Analog Heat mkll with Logic Pro X issues

I’ve just purchaed an Analog Heat Mkll and updated the firmware to 1.21.
It’s connected to my Macbook / logic via usb and the unit is switched to overbridge (which works with my Analog 4).
The Overbridge Control Panel recognises the Analog Heat but when I open Logic, the unit doesn’t show up as a plug in.
Overbridge won’t open for the analog heat because it’s not being recognised by Logic.
Ironically, if I create a track for an external instrument in Logic (as I would for a Roland Boutique via usb) The analog heat is in the drop down menu.
The analog heat is recognised as an audio & midi unit in the Mac midi/audio manager.

What am I missing?? This is very frustrating.

Did you try opening the Logic plug-in manager and rescanning your plug-ins?

I can only see an option for ‘Reset & Rescan Selection’ in the Plug in manager.
There is an option for Full Audio Unit Reset. Should I try this?

I just tried the Full Audio Unit Reset & absolutely nothing happened.

Are you running the latest version of Overbridge?

1 Like

Also, is your mac updated…

Yes. Overbridge is the latest version and my Macbook is running Monterey 12.2.1.
Everything update wise, appears to be fine.

1 Like

I’m just trying to help, and I’m not sure what you’ve done so far.

I would try reinstalling over bridge and restarting the computer. I sometimes have problems with devices being recognized by Logic, but it usually solves itself by restarting Logic and my computer.

I do appreciate the help. I’ve restarted Logic and the computer many times. Too many to count.
Overbridge is happily working in the background with my Analog 4. Overbridge Contol Panel recognises the AH. Logic doesn’t. That makes me think it’s not an issue with Elektron, it’s something in Logic.

I’ve solved it. If the device wasnt ticked when installing Overbridge, it won’t work.
When I installed it, I didnt have the AH. It doesn’t tell you this in any documentation.
A lot time wasted working that out. It’s better to install everying, just in case you add more kit.

I’m glad you figured it out.

Thanks for your advice

1 Like