Analog Heat MKI/MKII 1.20

Class compliant audio over USB is huge!

Please implement this for other devices too like Digitakt…

6 Likes

Will dual mono operation ever be possible or is there a hardware limitation preventing this?

1 Like

This basically means that we don’t have to install OB? Is that it?

Wow this is a pretty tricked out update for the Heat. It’s my birthday in two days… Hmmmmmmmmmmmm… :orangutan:

2 Likes

Can I plug an output into an input and cause massive feedback noises ( sound sculpting ) possibilities.

2 Likes

Bit of a disappointment for me to be honest. After all the hype the past couple of weeks I was looking forward to some new sound sculpting possibilities and experimentation.
In addition, for some reason I already thought the AH was a class compliant audio interface. Ho hum.

6 Likes

Even if there was a config screen to select which midi channels were for which destination?

2 Likes

You have definitely gained new sound sculpting possibilities by now being able to connect to heretofore not possible devices to INTERCONNECT two or more devices digitally and sculpt in new ways to your hearts content! No false statements here. Just not what you hoped for sounds like. But amazing for so many others…class compliant is a big step. Opens so many doors…sculpting pathways through different sonic dimensions…and such.

1 Like

Like iOS and linux machines I’d expect?

ha … good one. I was like “…just let me see where to insert … damn, what is this ? aha …usb c - ” Will get my kid’s iPad back then …

Just had a very quick test with ipad over USB, seems to work nice, but more testing needed. Nice to have an alternative to overbridge for those of us who don’t use it.

9 Likes

Yes, that was a snarky dig at the PR, but I was referring to this thread:

3 Likes

will be interesting to try with an organelle/raspberry pi pd set up

2 Likes

If It can send and receive MIDI and audio to vcv Rack on the iPad i will be a happy man…

7 Likes

Thanks Elektron for preset management and class compliant audio on the Heat!

Just wondering if this OS/Overbridge update will help with my concern here:

Will this sort of FX loop be possible now?

1 Like

Do i need to save/export currently saved presets before update?

Thanks elektron! heat just became my fave iOS audio interface :diddly:

heating up korg gadget and resampling back to zurich, yes pls

time to buy that USB-C to USB-B cable

2 Likes

I just upgraded my AH Mk2 to OS 1.20, but it seems not to be correctly recognized by Windows 10 on my laptop. In the Windows preferences menu, “Elektron Analog Heat MkII” shows up among the connected devices, but it also says “Driver missing” (“pilote indisponible” in French). Any idea what could be wrong?

Ok, but what is the benefit of being class compliant?

now the heat works as a soundcard for iOS, android and linux devices. Also guessing (more like hoping at this point as havent yet upgraded mine) that latency performance might be improved from the previous coreaudio/ASIO driver… no wait, class compliant devices still need a driver for windows?