Analog Heat MK2 and iPad Midi in/out and audio over USB?

Hi Analog Heat owners!
I am interested to buy an Anaolog Heat MK2. Can anybody here confirm that it is possible to stream audio and Midi in/out from iPad over Lightning/USB to Analog Heat at the same time?

I want to use the App Xequence 2 to trigger patterns from Digitakt and Digitone and at the same time streaming audio from the App ApeMatrix to Analog Heat. The iPad should send Master clock.

I also want to trigger apps in ApeMatrix from Digitakt sequencer.
Has anybody here tested this config?

Thank you and kind regards,

Alex

No Analog Heat users with iPads here?

Resurrecting this as I am trying myself to achieve something similar.

I know Heat can be used as a class compliant sound device, and I am using it with my iPhone all the time, via an USB to Lighting adapter. Works well, no worries here.
HOWEVER, I am not sure about MIDI. I have selected Analog Heat in my app (say, Animoog) as MIDI device, however no way to control or send notes via a keyboard or Digitakt connected to the MIDI IN of the Heat.

Should this be working as I plan or not? Tried all the possible settings for MIDI in and out, to no avail. Strangely, clock is received via Digitakt. No notes though.

Anyone from @Elektron could you please chip in?

2 Likes

Check in Settings => MIDI => Ports that Input is set to MIDI+USB and likely the same for Output if you’re intending on using iPad apps to trigger external gear

Done, to no avail. I am planning to use external gear (Digitakt) to trigger apps (Animoog).

just connect digitakt to ipad via usb, so you can send and receive midi without problems to/from ipad

you can use a (powered) usb hub to connect multiple devices at once with ipad

I could be wrong but I think Heat doesn’t do Midi notes

That’s what I’m looking to know for sure.
It would be a shame though as tempo is received (checked in Animoog)

I tried unsuccessfully with it, there was another thread alluding to notes not being passed on and so I pursued other avenues

This is a real shame. Any decent iOS sound/music app would turn into a better synth with the help of Heat. MIDI, audio, and analogue coloration. I’ll file a feature request.

Im just using a Roland UM-One, small USB hub and so you can still of course use the heat for audio purposes and clock. I’m using Modstep to sequence… but my setup is hardware focused and I havent tried incorporating iOS apps (yet)

1 Like

Attempting to use the AH mkii here for audio & usb into my iPad. Audio works flawlessly, midi is still a no go. Ended up using a powered usb hub and a Mio usb I/O to get midi into the iPad. Really wish they would fix this midi issue in the AH mkii.

1 Like