Analog Heat +FX versus dedicated fx pedals/rack units

So I’ve always been someone that’s had a variety of hardware processing options as I think it adds something versus a bunch of VSTs in a DAW environment… hands-on control, finding new ways to chain them together, combining with feedback mixing etc. Since the AH+FX was announced, however, I keep thinking that a lot of what interests me about separate fx could be done in one box, with presets, and have ease of realtime modulation with CCs from the DT or DN… plus the convenience and integration of OB.

Full disclosure: I’ve had the earlier Heat versions before and found the distortions rather brittle and thin compared to my RML boxes… and still keep older fx around like the Quadraverb because modern reverbs just don’t typically have that thickness and presence.

So for peeps that have had some time with the AH+FX, are you finding that it can actually replace multiple other hardware units in the studio?

1 Like

:cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

Well I just picked one up so we’ll soon be finding out :slight_smile:

It seems that while the digital fx blocks are pretty basic, the modulation of them with LFOs, envelope follower, CV ins and CC params from another Elektron will yield unique results. Looking forward to experimenting!

2 Likes