Analog Heat - diagonal display view problem - stand/wooden panel

Hey fellas,

the display is really not that good if the viewing angle is to diagonal.
i need something which enhance the readability… maybe enhance also the look.
to have the unit in a 20-40 grad angle to the desk.

any Ideas?

thanks
C:

Mine is perfect; best screen ever… easy to my eyes, not too much light… good to see in all angels. Can you specify your problem?

if the angle of slope to my eyes is more than 35 grad or something like that…
the screen gets unreadable… it turns into black… i will post later a photo of it

Yes it does this unfortunately. I am planning to mount mine with the VESA on a monitor stand which will mean it is at 90 degrees, which should be optimum.

1 Like

Could Elektron not have some kind of display settings parameter in their units? Pretty sure I had a fostex digital multitrack once with similar kind of display and you could tweak it to be seen from different angles and in different lights etc… Compared to the rest of the Elektron voodoo it seems like an easy thing to implement?

2 Likes

There is a moment the colors swap. So first black orange, then orange black… the position it swaps, i cannot read it. Thats all 4 me

1 Like

same here, pretty sure might be a production problem on some units, because its bad and I am surprised it has not been brought up more, so it must affect only some units. Same boat here, using Overbridge to avoid this problem.

Yeah, this is a problem… not a total deal breaker, but having only around 20-30 degrees of visibility makes using my Heat a bit inconvenient. I have to stand it vertical on the front end and then tip it back a little to be able to see the screen info. I will certainly have to make some sort of end pieces to keep it tilted at around a 45degree angle.

this is how the screen looks… its swapping to black…
i don’t have any other electron product… so i don’t no if this is normal.

i solved the problem for now… i tooked 2 packages of tempo tissue and a rubber band below the Analog Heat… now the Anlog Heat has a 30 degrees angle to my desk… and the display is better readable from my working position :wink:

1 Like

There’s also the VESA connector, which gives you more mounting options

like that you mean?

1 Like

I think this is the cheapest option ever hahaha

yes