Analog Heat ASIO with Ableton

Hi guys,
I am planning our new live-rig, and I am contemplating swapping the Octatrack for just a laptop with Ableton Live. I would use Ableton pretty much as an Octatrack, triggering samples / loops, some ITB Fx and sending MIDI. No VSTi. If I should make this swap, I would like to not have to bring one more soundcard. So I am wondering if anyone has any experience with using the Analog Heat as soundcard (and if it has Asio in such regards) in similar situation. We have a release tour coming for our new album, so it has to be solid - no glitches and working all the time.

I would use an Asus UX21E running WIN 7 in case of the swap.

ASIO and WDM interfaces are available for Windows.
Pay attention that the Analog HEAT is pretty new… out there and it “should” need time to operate at its best. However it seem to working nicely as an audio interface. Don’t forget to watch inputs and outputs available. It’s pretty basic.

But Process capacity to deliver a FAT SOUNDING Master from your computer

At the stage overbridge is with the AH right now, I’d say it would be a bit of a risk to use live. While it works in general, ob is easily disturbed by background computer activity etc. I would thorroughly test the performance with your intended setup before deciding if I were you.

Yeah, it’s still a young product, so you are probably right. I’ve got a few soundcards lying around, so probably just chose a small one and be happy about it :slight_smile: We’ve played live with laptops as main sequencer for so many years, grew tiered of it and went over to the Octatrack, and now concider going back as the Octa is a bit more hassle to set up and plan… but then… Oh I don’t know…