Analog Heat as soundcard on Traktor

Hey there :metal:

This goes to the Analog Heat owners, I got 2 questions:

My idea is using Analog Heat as the main audio interface of the rig. Having a controller controlling Traktor and the sound being processed in the Analog Heat. Have you tried using it as Traktorā€™s Audio Device? Howā€™s the quality? Any ocasional stuttering or latency? Is it a truly reliable piece of gear as a live performance audio interface?

And last question: in Analog Heat is it possible to use different parameters of saturation for the different sources of sound? Like saturating the audio coming from Traktor (while AH as audio interface) in a certain way and saturating the audio from AHā€™s inputs in another way.

Thanks a lot folks :metal::metal::metal:
Have a good one :boom:

1 Like

Iā€™m talking about Analog Heat MKII by the way :metal::metal::metal:

I just tested this, and it works abominably for some reason (tons of stuttering and cutting out). Iā€™ll try to track down the reason. For this piece of rig, it should be flawless.

Okay, Overhub seemed to be glitching it out for a while. When working, it seems stable. Hereā€™s an example in Virtual DJ 8 (Dry to Wet, then through each circuit adjusting EQ and Filter). Careful, there is A LOT of make up gain.

This video pretty much answers it:

1 Like

Thank you JunkRunner :metal::boom:
Did you have to open Overbridge before opening your dj software to make it work?

I ask it because in Overbridge section of Elektronā€™s website it says ā€œMake your Elektron instrument function as a stand alone sound cardā€"

Does Overbridge opens when you boot and stays minimized, just like UAD/Splice/Creative Cloud does? Could you explain me how it works please?

Cheers man :metal:

I couldnā€™t get it to work in Overbridge mode. You just have to select the Heat as the input/output device. It shows up when the USB in plugged in like any other interface.

Thereā€™s a few settings like Overbridge mode or USB mode and output gain to be careful of, but itā€™s pretty easy.

I use my Heat MKII as soundcard. Work perfectly in Overbridge mode, latency is a bit high but I donā€™t use realtime recording. In overbridge mode, you juste have a soundcard. The sound is sent to the usb before FX and from usb to analog out without FX too.
If you want to use the FX in OB mode, just add the Heat vst plugin on the master bus or the track you want. /!\ Use only one instance of heat per project /!\ ā€“ that mean you canā€™t have 2 circuits distortion at the same time ā€“
In USB-MIDI mode, you have full access to routing, audio in -> FX or out -> FX, etcā€¦ But I found it almost unusable with DAWs (tried multiple). There is alway a project frequency / buffer issues.
Iā€™m on Windows 10 btw.
So, for now, use your heat with overbridge and add fx plugin on the track you want and this should work as expected.