Analog Heat 1 or 2?

I decided to get an Analog Heat to add a bit of warmth to my master channel. It will mainly be used for some subtle saturation. Nothing too heavy. Keeping this in mind, is there much difference in the 1 or 2? I read the specifications and for the purpose I outlined above, I should be fine with the mk1? It will also save me a few quid as some places still have them in stock, brand new.

Used mk1, but I must warn you - I have a lot of issues with overbridge (connection problem). And only “solution” is future overbridge update :wink:

Its the same sound but different screens, love my mk 1

1 Like

Oh man. I wonder if the mk2 has the same issues? Are you running in Logic or Ableton? I use both so not sure if that might work.

I use Ableton on MacBook Pro. I’m afraid that both Heats work on the same OS.

Overbridge works fine with mine really. Use it often, even as a sound card. I have a MK1. The screen ins’t that good but since I use it mostly like the op would too -just adding subtle warmth to the master- it’s not worth updating.

1 Like

Oh dear!

That’s good news. There are a few floating around second ha d so I might take the plunge and give it a whirl.

Don’t think you’ll regret it, it’s really good :slight_smile:

As I thought- it’s my bad luck. But when it works it’s a great unit :wink:

1 Like

I think it’s exactly what I need and the last piece of the jigsaw!

Famous last words :rofl:

5 Likes

I say this with tongue firmly in cheek!

Remember seeing a difference in the input/output stages for MKI vs MKII. Not sure why or wether it makes a difference?

Should be fine but thanks for the tip off!

I think it enables the MKII to process mono sources into stereo, MKI will just send mono signals through one output.

1 Like

The dB output spec is different so thought there may have been some hardware changes that may count for some difference :panda:

I use my Heat MK1 in the way you’re describing (studio use only). For me, no issues with the screen or Overbridge. I’m on a PC primarily using Studio One (v3 and now v4). I don’t use it as a sound card or anything like that. Just via the Overbridge VST plugin as an insert. It definitely adds some latency, but in a mastering or general 2 bus application this shouldn’t be an issue.

The Heat can nicely open things up. It’s not a dramatic effect when used subtlety, but definitely one of those things where when you remove it you’ll notice something is missing. I prefer ‘Clean Boost’ driven a bit with some ‘Dirt’ as well. Adding a tiny bit of EQ can be nice too, but I’m usually going for other options I have now.

It’s a very nice box and I’m still happy I have it.

1 Like