Analog Four w/ Guitar/Bass Envelope?

I have been considering an A4. Per the Manual the A4 can take an incoming sound and have it effect the envelope of the synth, does anyone have an example of this? Seems like it could be a very cool tool with a volume or envelope pedal+bass/guitar? Have tried looking on the web but can’t seem to find any examples…

From the Manual:
15. SETUP EXAMPLES
4. Second method: Select Track 1 on the Analog Four MKII by pressing [TRACK 1] key.
5. On the OSC1 menu page, set the WAV parameter to IN L using DATA ENTRY knob F. Set SUB, the sub oscillator, to off. Turn LEV all the way up.
6. Make a custom set of filtering, amplifier, envelope and LFO processing of the sound feed from the electric guitar by setting the values of your choice on the corresponding parameter menu page, [PARAMETER] key 3-6. Remember to set the VOL to a high value on the AMP page.
7. Place a note trig on the first step of the sequencer for Track 1. This is required to start the envelope processing of the feed from the electric guitar.

Thanks!

That example is substituting an oscillator for an incoming audio source, basically so you can process the audio through the analog filter and FX if desired

The MK2 has support for an expression pedal or CV so that modulator can affect a level or other parameter … but you can’t start a note that way

You’re going to look to drone audio and use expression pedal modulation to gate audio as best you can, to achieve this the amp needs to be open and perhaps vary the level via exp/CV

All this and or processing internal synth voices or external audio

The A4 is very powerful in terms of audio routing intra track and inter track and there is a lot of novel possibilities

But unlike on a MS20, there’s no way to gate an envelope iirc, so there’s that to consider

1 Like

It seems like an interesting thing to implement to me, but couldnt you just run a dummy trig to have it effect your guitar/input on one track? I guess you simply get an analog filter out of it considering the FX work otherwise.

Was hoping ~someone our there was using it in a setup!

I asked ChumpGPT what the Elektronauts community thought about such AI ‘contributions’ on its pages and it said it was unanimously disapproved of … that would explain all the flags these posts attract, so let’s maybe leave it at that for the sake of the moderators, and the rest of the community

17 Likes

Hear fucking hear.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

This has been staring me in the face the whole time, just never saw it. Bravo.

2 Likes

Yeah it just seems wholly unhelpful. More looking for a youtube video with a “dry” signal, and then what happens when you put it through the A4 filter.

1 Like

I always pronounce ChatGPT as the French do, because it sounds like “Chat, j’ai pété”, meaning “Cat, I farted”, which is about what I think of its output, which I try to avoid as much as possible.

11 Likes

incredibly confident with that quote at the end of its research generating.

But obviously no real information from the manuals, more like someone telling you what is possible with the A4, seen on some friends desk, inaccurate but interesting in the way it tries to believe you how confident it is in a conversation filled with info. :flying_saucer:

Please stop doing this. I come here to interact with people. I have never blocked anyone on Elektronauts and I don’t want you to be the first.

1 Like

Does that make you a databanker?