Analog Four strange behaviour on one note

Hi there!

I’m learning this machine that I don´t really know yet it’s great or not, but I have spent the last two months investing tons of hours with it and I’m really a bit disoriented.

I attach a link to a video with the problem I’m finding these days. This C note in particular sounds really crap to me. It´s just a square wave obtained with the main osc down and just the sub. No modulation and no movement in the filters…

Anyone with this same issue? What could be happening here?

Thanks in advance and best greets for all!

…sounds to me like natural phase conjunction behaviour in relation to octave ratio…

Thanks for your quick reply!

Many synths here and it’s the first time that I suffer this behaviour… very annoying when sequencing, any suggestion to avoid?

Don’t set OSC to reset?
Let them run free

1 Like

crap? do you mean quieter than the others?

And a little bit distorted, I mean…

How should I do it? I suppose you’re refering to the Amp available envelopes?
Sorry for my noobieland question!

Tweek your keyboard tracking. I think I had a similar experience once.

…even if u have just only one phase involved, one single osc, no intertwining with a sub osc wave, u’ll hear some “weaker” spots along the overall octave range…

and i hardly doubt, u really wanna finish/create anything with such a clinical/naked sound as u setted up here…as jamesM mentioned, run free always stirs up that impression ur nailed on right now a lot…and ur a4 is made for truu intertwining of all it’s soundshaping options…so, free it from such naked proof scenarios and let there be music…

and hey, warm welcome to the board… :vulcan_salute:

I haven’t touched a synth in a year but I think you double tap osc1 and there’s a OSC reset option on tha bottom row on the screen

Thanks everyone for your support. I think that it’s solved, I love to work with pure waves and since I have applied your advices, I havent´t head again this issue.
Best greets!