Analog Four n00b Question - Polyphony Mute?

Hi! My question is of utter n00bness, will ask anyway. I am a newbie Analog Four owner. Sometimes when I compose a song, the kick gets muted when certain trigs are active. Let’s say I have a kick on T1, a bass T2, perc T3 and pads T4. Normal song goes, then kick starts to disappear on the 4th trig let’s say when pad kicks in. If T2-3-4 is muted, kick goes fine on and on. Is this somehow connected to 4 voice polyphony?

It sounds like it is the four-voice polyphony getting you.

A simplest fix is to open the kit menu (Function+C on MK1 or its own button on MK2), and scroll to Poly Config. (the second option from the bottom)
In your case, unchecking the first box will remove the first track from the pool of voices the synth pulls from for polyphony.
The downside of this is that you’re other voices will only have 3-voice polyphony.

If you’re a stickler for the polyphony on this pattern, changing the Allocation parameter in the Poly Config menu can sometimes avoid this sort of unwanted voice stealing on a particular pattern.

Sometimes shifting your kick trig a little late, or the stealing voices a little early will cause the kick to steal from them, rather than the other way around.

I find myself popping in and out of the poly config menu often. Each pattern tends to require its own setup there, depending on where its focus lies.

2 Likes

Or, you can do four notes chords paraphonically with just one voice, using the two sub oscillators set to 5th , there’s a topic on this subject on the forum.

THX for that comment!
I’ve found the description here:

2 Likes

@CCMP posted a very nice wrap up wrt one track chords. it’s here:

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I had in mind . Thanks