Analog Four MKII out now!

A slow Lfo on the oscillator’s pitch (A4 has it’s own vibrato section for that) and everybody will say it sounds like boards of canada. The great delay and reverb will do the rest.
This was posted by an elektronauts fella, who was using the Analog keys

6 Likes

I was going to recommend the same exact thing. Easy on the LFO pitch/tune…long on the release and drown it in reverb and delay

2 Likes

Is SYSEX (sound + kit + pattern) going to be compatible between MK1 & MK2 ?

2 Likes

Multiplier applied to my GAS level. :wink:

1 Like

Wondering about this too – I have a ton of work in my A4, would hate to have to reprogram it all.

I remember Cuckoo showing SYSEX transfer from MK1->MK2 in one of his MK2 videos. Some parameters, specifically overdrive may need adjusting.

No, and I miss it …

1 Like

Mine has a sticky sequencer button :frowning: is is #1

Mine has 3 sticky … MIX, FILTR and OCT+. Sent a support ticket … Tried for 2-3 weeks to work them, but they dont get better. MIX sometimes gets in totally “locked” pos. My Digitakt has no sticky buttons.

I also like what I’ve heard so far from the A4 MK2.

Would it be a waste to get it only to use it for sound design, with no plans of using it’s sequencer and other features? I already have a DT and a MPC Live for that. Or maybe something like a Peak is a better option, strictly from a sound design perspective?

On Elektron machines, the sequencer IS a part of the sound design.
:tongue:

6 Likes

The A4’s (applies both to MK1/MK2) uniqueness lies in the total package including the sequencer/parameter+sound locking/FX unit if you ask me. If you’re only looking for a 4 voice / 2 OSC analog sound module other options could indeed be cheaper (at least compared to MK2) or more potent/versatile.

1 Like

This. Don’t forget THIS.

4 Likes

This is probably a silly question (apologies in advance), but if using an A4 with a DT, could I just simply build patterns with the same lengths on the A4 and DT and only use midi to keep the two in sync? It seems like it would be much more intuitive to build sequences on the A4’s own sequencer rather than to have figure out all the cc values for everything and program the A4 using the DT’s sequencer.

Me got advice
“push button down hard, pull opposite direction”
Try 2night

Sorry for bed spelling …

Yes.

2 Likes

Yes setup one as the master and one as the slave, and they will sequence in perfect sync together

2 Likes

I thought so. In that case I think that the A4 might be overkill for my needs.

Cool. I do a lot of program changes on the DT when building songs, but I’m guessing it would be pretty straightforward to get the A4 to follow.