Analog Four mkii or DeepMind 12D?

Hi I’m looking to finalise my setup and I need to decide on a multi voice analog Synth. I’m considering either the new analog four mkii with better base against the impressive sounding DeepMind 12D. I’ve already decided on the Digitakt as my drum machine of choice along with the analog heat but am looking for advice and thoughts on the analog four mkii and the DeepMind 12D.

Thanks,

1 Like

Tough one. I’m personally throwing a Novation Peak into that list too. I think it’ll come down to how much poly you need? Personally, I’d treat the A4 more as sequenced mono machines than a single 4 note poly synth (or 1 mono and 3 chord poly). I’m not a ‘player’ so I’m not sure I’d use more than 4 voices.

I was really thinking of getting the Peak, but the A4 MKII has me doubting that decision. I’ve got a solid 6-12 months to figure it out though.

3 Likes

I agree the next action peak is definitely in the mix along with the analog four mkii and DeepMind 12d.

1 Like

If you dont have a sequencer, the Analog 4 has it, it also has Overbridge what the others are missing. You cant go wrong with it. From the sound i would choose the novation peak.

1 Like

So analog four mkii or Novation peak?

Maybe it’s just a matter of which to get first and which to get later… :laughing:

Right now I’m feeling the A4 MKII, but it might be some GAS’ing influence going on. The sequencer and Overbridge are the icing on the cake (for me). Watch a bunch of YouTube, read reviews and then decide. Really can’t go ‘wrong’ with either, but just a matter of which fits better for you overall. I could see having both at some point to round off my hardware synths.

1 Like