Analog Four mk2 Arpeggiator

Hi everyone,

New here to the forum and new to the A4Mk2. I’m trying to get a grip to the whole machine… and my latest challenge is to understand the ARP-function. It doesn’t seem to work properly or at all. I’ve read the manual and turned the thing on. But it doesn’t sound like an ARP. It’s like constantly the same note or non at all. Anyway… i’m doing something wrong, for sure. So, can someone please give me some tips/tricks in the right direction about how to operate the ARP :)?

If you’re hearing the same note, it may be that you have the same note on the arp setup page. On the arp menu page (where you choose up, down, shuffle, etc. and NO2, NO3, etc.) you can choose other notes in the arp, and the range of the arp. For example try a range of 3, and NO2 = 4 and NO3 = 7 for a major chord. You also want to make sure your arp and note length allow you to hear the full arp cycle. Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Thanks. I did try this, but withou logic result.
As i understand now, when configuring as you’ve said… and just playing one note on the keyboard, i can hear the arpeggiator. The mode doesn’t seem to work in this case, always going up, except for random, which does work here. Other parameters do have an effect.

If i place one trig (on the one), it just plays one note… or a few extremely fast with speed set to 1 or 2… higher speeds seems to output just one note. BPM is set to 80bpm.

If i hold the same first trig and hold “YES”, the trigpreview let’s me hear the arpeggio as i would expect te hear in the first place. The mode does have an effect here, as does the rest of the parameters.

So my ARP problem is down to the programming side of it all. Think i’m missing something here. Laying down just one trig isn’t enough. Activating all 16 trigs results in constantly the same note.
My ARP-Setup has all the trigs active, for what it’s worth.

Increase the note length in the NOTE page. Try putting a trig on 1, increase the note length to 16 and see it should cycle as you’re expecting.

1 Like

If you’re playing/sequencing one note the arp will only play that one note (and octaves of the same note depending on your setting).

You need to play more notes simultaneously to get the results I think you want.

Either play and hold them on the mini-keys, or add the extra notes to a sequencer trig (hold the trig down and add the notes on the mini-keys)… then make sure the trig length is long enough to hear it.
If you put the trig on the first beat, then set the length to 16 (1 bar) or 32 (2 bars)… that should get you going.

3 Likes

This was it. I only thought about the note length in the ARP page, but that contains the notelength within the ARP…
Setting the NOTE-Length on the note page did the trick. Knowing it now makes sense… haha.

Thanks!

2 Likes