Analog Four Mk1 Overbridge Not Starting Sequencer

Having trouble getting my DAW to start/stop the analog four sequencer through overbridge.
I’ve got the latest updates for overbridge and a4. My a4 is showing up in overbridge and I can edit all parameters through DAW but I cant get the sequencer to start when I press play on DAW.
I’ve also got my digitakt connected to overbridge and it works, all midi settings from digitakt are the same on a4.
Anybody have any ideas?

Probably obvious, best to check though, cos we’ve all done it, but is the A4 set to receive transport?

yep, receive transport, clock, and prog ch

What DAW are you using, and how is it set up, midi-wise?

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago with Reaper & my A4 mk1 & DN. They would only start randomly 50% of the time (rolled individually for each unit, so sometimes one would start, but not the other). I’m not certain how I fixed it though, but I can tell you what my settings look like now. I’ve got both OB instances set to “no synch”, but I’m sending transport & clock via USB Midi in Reaper. This works 100% of the time for me (but, as I said in the beginning, I’m not sure that this is what caused the glitched starts to stop).

I also needed to setup several instances of delay compensation to actually get them to work in-synch with the rest of Reaper, but that’s another story…

Using ableton
Went into my midi preferences and selected sync for digitakt and a4 out and the problem mostly resolved itself.
Except now Im getting terrible latency from the a4 and not from my dt
When I plug in my a4 to usb i get a notification that says “latency measurement failed”

okay think I got this figured out

in overbridge control panel, I set my input channels to main L+R and input L+R. For output I set main L+R. Didn’t get the error notification anymore
Hover, I fear that since I could not set input channels track 1-4 I won’t be able to multitrack record my 4 tracks at once :frowning:

yep I can’t multitrack record with this setup :frowning: at least I can sketch out ideas like this and then multitrack them 2 tracks at a time with my 2 remaining input channels available